Audi A4 B7 Cab. Brake lights stuck on, PRNDS lit up and traction warning light!!!

S14WNO

Just got an A4 B7 Cab and having a few issues with it. The main issue at the moment is that the brake lights are stuck on and light up as soon as i turn the ignition on... i have checked the brake switch, disconnected the switch and the lights remain on, also removed the fuse for the brake lights and they still stay on. Any ideas??

I also have the traction light illuminated on the dash and the PRNDS permanently illuminated, although this did go off for a short time a few days ago before all illuminating again. Jist want to get the brake light issue sorted first though so i can still get around in the car. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Hello Shaun,

There has been some issue about valves in the ABS causing the traction light to come on. I'm not sure whether it would interfere with the brake lights - but possible I guess. Probably others on here will be able to help you out with other advice, but this may be worth doing a search on.

If it does prove to be this, then VAG do/did do a part replacement of the offending section of the ABS unit. Not cheap of course, but you should be able to get some discount at some dealers.

I hope other members here may be able to help with some advice.

Kind regards,

Gareth.

p.s. May have got this wrong, but aren't there two brake (light) switches on these? Worth checking, and checking the other one if its there? 

• 2 years later...
On 6/30/2017 at 2:24 PM, S14WNO said:

Just got an A4 B7 Cab and having a few issues with it. The main issue at the moment is that the brake lights are stuck on and light up as soon as i turn the ignition on... i have checked the brake switch, disconnected the switch and the lights remain on, also removed the fuse for the brake lights and they still stay on. Any ideas??

I also have the traction light illuminated on the dash and the PRNDS permanently illuminated, although this did go off for a short time a few days ago before all illuminating again. Jist want to get the brake light issue sorted first though so i can still get around in the car. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Hello Shaun,

My friend got similar concern in his car..How did you get on this ?

Thanks for the update,

Jose

• 1 month later...

Try the obvious first, bulbs, brake pedal sensor, and plug in. What happened to my Audi, had all the above lights on the dash, had it diagnosed with circuit issues one wire opening and closing the other stick closed, call auto electrician after that he passed me on to a right good mechanic, played with the wiring up to the body control ecu module, eventually with a new pedal switch too we got the lights to go off and brake in sync with the pedal,  I thought I would have had a bill of £30 for second hand bcm from the breakers then fitting and coding etc, fixed for £39 and turbo also boosts quicker at 1200rpm instead of lag up to 3500 before boosting, poor wiring up to the bcm ecu now sorted, big smile all day even boosted the boost pressure pipe off today, whoosh ... 

one happy customer

follow my step, 

buy a pedal switch, check the bulbs, get the issue diagnosed, are an auto electrician, 1 hour fix, well worth ££39, nearly paid him £150 just for the fix and the pleasure