Audi A6 lowering

Marky4787

Just after some input for my Audi A6 looking at getting some lowering springs not sure what to get as whatever one's I go on say they wont be as low on S-line model, And I'm not 100% sure but thought the special edition's/Le Mans were lower then S-lines anyway

All I want is to drop it 25mm nothing major, anyone got picture of there A6 lowered?

DSC00285.JPG

Hey Mark, 

you are correct, the Le Mans edition had lowered sports suspension which was lower than the s line model. If it were me I'd fit the suspension from a Le Mans edition as you'll get the improved handling and lowered car :) 

obviously you have other options such as coilovers which make the ride very hard and low. 

It all depends on the type of roads you drive in daily. Like I say if fit Le Mans suspension if it were me :) 

Iv also attached some pics of lowered a6 c6 which I found on google images :)

cheers

steve 

IMG_4003.JPG

IMG_4004.JPG

IMG_4005.JPG

IMG_4006.JPG

IMG_4007.JPG

IMG_4008.JPG

Thanks for the reply but this has confused me even more..... I have a S-line special edition which I assumed was the Le Mans edition just re-badge'd? Why have they made this hard lol 

1 hour ago, Marky4787 said:

Thanks for the reply but this has confused me even more..... I have a S-line special edition which I assumed was the Le Mans edition just re-badge'd? Why have they made this hard lol 

Sorry to confuse you more. If it's a Le Mans then it will be badged accordingly. I suspect it would be down with your insurance company as a Le Mans too. What does your v5 document say? 

It states audi a6 s line special edition

I'm sure there the same as the Le mans edition just renamed it special edition from 09 on

Has same wheels and spec as Le mans, but obviously unsure about suspension 

7 minutes ago, Marky4787 said:

It states audi a6 s line special edition

I'm sure there the same as the Le mans edition just renamed it special edition from 09 on

Has same wheels and spec as Le mans, but obviously unsure about suspension 

Hmm, I'm unsure then. The Le Mans edition ran right through to production end in 2011. The Le Mans had different suspension, wheels and body kit to the s line. The Le Mans also had reverse camera and button closing boot. As well as everything else being electric. 

But like I say if it was a Le Mans there should be badges on the boot to say. 

• 5 years later...
On 7/2/2017 at 10:03 PM, Steve Q said:

Hmm, I'm unsure then. The Le Mans edition ran right through to production end in 2011. The Le Mans had different suspension, wheels and body kit to the s line. The Le Mans also had reverse camera and button closing boot. As well as everything else being electric. 

But like I say if it was a Le Mans there should be badges on the boot to say. 

From my research they stopped the le mans at 09 as they couldn't get the badges ect. After that they went to s line special edition like mine. I can't tell you if they stuck with the lower suspension or not. Mine came with the big le mans/rs4 wheels 255/35r19 but i have now put 255/40r19 on for more comfort. Down side is I can't lower the back much now especially as I have the back loaded sometimes. 

The Le Mans spec added the following to S-Line:

19" 7 double-spoke wheels
Metallic paint
Heated front seats
Rear parking sensors
Lighting pack
Le Mans badges

Milano leather seats, . If you want the 30mm drop S-Line suspension it's a no-cost option, but standard fitment to S-Line/Le Mans was (is?) 20mm drop Sports suspension.