Rns-e Bluetooth

Sionny68
聽Share

Hi I have just bought an 2009 A4 s-line cabriolet with the Bose rns-e system. I am trying to connect to the Bluetooth but when I press the Tel button I get a note saying that telephone is not installed. I have contacted the previous owner who has told me that he could connect his iPhone to it but did take him a few attempts at first.

There are no other options available on the Tel screen if I press setup ic can only change things like sound.

any ideas guys please!!! Thanks

I think the guy is lying to you as I have the same on my a5 2011.

no Bluetooth Modul.

Ps: let the previous owner show you how he connects his phone to you馃ぃ

Welcome to the forum :)聽

youll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch :)聽

I have to agree with Sven, it sounds to me like the car doesn't have the function.聽

It is quite common now for manufacturers to put in the buttons for nav and Bluetooth as they are all attached to one button control module. They do this as it cuts manufacturing costs. The manufacturers just don't active the feature in the cars computer plus they don't fit the microphones etc.聽

Audi do it, BMW do it and even Vauxhall do it, just to name a few.聽

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. As Sven has said get the previous owner run through a step by step with you on how to set it up or get him to show you. But from what you've said it Deffo sounds like the car hasn't got Bluetooth.聽

Cheers

steve

Thanks very much for the replies. I have taken down the interior light and found a microphone so it should have a Bluetooth module. I have disconnected the battery for 10 minutes hoping to reboot the system but still no joy!! Where would the module be on a right hand drive?聽

Thanks again for your help.

There are a few threads out there about the tel/bluetooth on earlier A4s - as it seems to have been an expensive optional extra.聽
But on routing around found this chain that could help - about 2 thirds the way down is how the originator of the thread managed to get theirs working.

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/319282-Tel-button-Telephone-not-installed

Also could check with your Audi main dealer with your VIN number if the car was spec'd with the bluetooth.

I have used the pr search but doesn't say it has Bluetooth!!! Why have I found a microphone situated in the interior light? Does this mean I need to install a module and activate it or would there be a module fitted and need activating with vag com? Very confused now!!!聽

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Lol to all I have this system. I use an iPhone. Twice I connected 1st time buying the car it was a pain as it would not find/connect when found 2nd time when my car was reset again a pain but trial and error eventually it random finds/connects. I don't know why it's like this but it is mate.聽