Audi e-tron

WPAWS

Do any members own an A3 Sportback e-tron or Q7 e-tron, if so what are your thoughts on the electric motoring. seems we will all be driving electric by 2020

5 minutes ago, Paul A6 said:

Do any members own an A3 Sportback e-tron or Q7 e-tron, if so what are your thoughts on the electric motoring. seems we will all be driving electric by 2020

Hey Paul I drove an electric Passat when I worked at Volkswagen and it was amazing! The spec was great and it was very quiet. 

however I strongly disagree with the electric car as the power to run them comes from coal fired power stations and I don't believe that that is the future for motoring. 

I feel if you buy an electric car then your buying a Betamax tape player. I feel the future is hydrogen cars to be honest. 

With electric cars no one has told us what happens with all the old batteries and the fact the batteries last a minimum of 5 years and a max of 10 years. Which basically means your 5 year old car could be scrap after 5 years as the batteries will be so expensive to replace! 

Also how will a Toyota Prius improve the planet when the raw materials are shipped from all over the world. And panama programmed proved that modern ships pump out as many diesel particulates as all the traffic at rush hour around Piccadilly Circus (panorama approx 4th July 2017). 

I would argue Therefore a 1950s American car living in Arizona or Nevada has caused less pollution in its life than a Prius. Plus the fact a Prius petrol engine isn't that economical. I can confirm this from driving them when working at a car supermarket and comparing them to Ford Focus and Vauxhall Astra etc. 

Also how is the national grid going to cope? They always bang on about how it's stretched as it is?! 

Il stop with my rant now. But I admit that I'm probably a dinosaur in terms of what I like and I'm not moving with the times. 

Cheers

steve

• Like 1

Hybrid cars work but 

Prius ,1.5 petrol engine + battery is not enough . My mate had one and was doing 38-42 mpg. Its just not enough power to drive the car in a way you wont be obstructing others

I had lexus 450 as a company car . Massive 3.5 petrol engine with battery . Briliant car but whats the point of having battery with shuch a big motor 

But i had peugeot 508 hybrid. 2.0 disel + battery was nice . I was doing 50-60 mpg with is really good . 

At this moment hybrid is used to avoid tax . That is why ppl buy them

Companies have them to look good ...

Im sure at some point electric and hybrid technology will get better but until ppl are making a lot money out of producing,  selling petrol and diesel nothing will change 

1 hour ago, Paul A6 said:

All fair comments m8, can you just imagine F1 or super bikes rushing by you and you hear nothing lol

All I know is that my grandkids will never know the sound of petrol or Diesel engines except on YouTube! 

1 hour ago, niedzial1983 said:

Hybrid cars work but 

Prius ,1.5 petrol engine + battery is not enough . My mate had one and was doing 38-42 mpg. Its just not enough power to drive the car in a way you wont be obstructing others

I had lexus 450 as a company car . Massive 3.5 petrol engine with battery . Briliant car but whats the point of having battery with shuch a big motor 

But i had peugeot 508 hybrid. 2.0 disel + battery was nice . I was doing 50-60 mpg with is really good . 

At this moment hybrid is used to avoid tax . That is why ppl buy them

Companies have them to look good ...

Im sure at some point electric and hybrid technology will get better but until ppl are making a lot money out of producing,  selling petrol and diesel nothing will change 

Couldn't agree more Piotr! 

They certainly aren't as economical as they should be! 

On 8/3/2017 at 7:16 PM, Paul A6 said:

All fair comments m8, can you just imagine F1 or super bikes rushing by you and you hear nothing lol

Thought that when I first saw the Audi LMP1 cars at Le Mans...but actually they are super silent and have an eerie turbine like 'wooshing' sound when they come past and regenerate on bends....sounds amazing.

Not sure about Formula E but they are as quick as hell though