Music streaming via Bluetooth

Bubba

Hi all I have a Concert head unit in my A3 2012 and it has the Bluetooth hands free system installed but I am wanting to fit a Bluetooth system so I can stream music from my iPhone. I have the 30 pin iPod system in the glove box is there a way I can utilize that to fit something for a reasonable price? Any suggestions would be appreciated cheers Bubba

Hi Mark

Sorry no one has so far commented on your thread, Someone will hopefully reply to you soon with a answer to your question :) 

(we aren't ignoring you :P)

Regards

Bradley

• Like 1

11 hours ago, niedzial1983 said:

If you have ami then you can get an usb bluetooth reciver that will conect via ligthning cable to your car . It will let you stream music 

Is the AMI different from the iPod interface? Sorry I'm new to the whole Audi thing? Where would I find the AMI if not? Cheers

1 hour ago, Bubba said:

Is the AMI different from the iPod interface? Sorry I'm new to the whole Audi thing? Where would I find the AMI if not? Cheers

AMI - audi music interface. Its where your iphone/ipad cable is plugged in in the car . You can have varius cables ipad, usb, etc

Its usualy in the glovebox or in/under the armrest

This is the device i was refering to that plugs in to ami 

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222477402506

3 hours ago, niedzial1983 said:

AMI - audi music interface. Its where your iphone/ipad cable is plugged in in the car . You can have varius cables ipad, usb, etc

Its usualy in the glovebox or in/under the armrest

This is the device i was refering to that plugs in to ami 

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222477402506

I have a 30 pin iPod socket in the glovebox so in the picture will the part with the arrow just plug into there?

1502190716330.jpeg

32 minutes ago, Bubba said:

I have a 30 pin iPod socket in the glovebox so in the picture will the part with the arrow just plug into there?

1502190716330.jpeg

No. The 30 pin cable needs to be unplugged from the ami in the glowbox and replaced with the one in the picture 

5 hours ago, niedzial1983 said:

No. The 30 pin cable needs to be unplugged from the ami in the glowbox and replaced with the one in the picture 

All I have in the glovebox is the pic 

IMG_6382.JPG

50 minutes ago, Bubba said:

All I have in the glovebox is the pic 

IMG_6382.JPG

Right .every day is a school day :) ... i never knew audi had something like this . I did some reading 

this is an iphone/ipod docking station not ami. There is no way to connect anything else than iphone or ipod 

Sorry for the wrong info before