Hampshire club meet report

Well the day of the meeting has arrived.

With a full contingent of family loaded, I left home about 9.20 am to meet at solstice park outside McD’s at 10 am.  After getting past the traffic at Thruxton (British superbikes) on the A303 I managed to get to meet fellow member Paul at 10.05.  With a quick Hello and handshake we made our way to Old Sarum Airfield, about 8 miles further south and on the outskirts of Salisbury.

We managed to park together outside the Boscombe down aviation collection.  On our arrival we also found out there was a model show on (airfix not catwalk!!). 

The Boscombe Collections aim is to bring the history to life by restorations, replicas and allowing people to experience sitting in their powered cockpits.

We managed to get into a few cockpits so myself and Jacob, Pauls son, became experienced “hanger pilots” in fast jets and helicopters.

We spent a good hour in the museum and afterwards had a look at the aircraft that were parked up outside.

A good first meeting and it was good to meet Paul.

I would like to organise another get together somewhere around the M4 Corridor in October and would be open to suggestions.

P1040043.thumb.JPG.69e6736d3059686f411830c5302e623c.JPGP1040045.thumb.JPG.ab8c68aa158d1e48acfea740fe61f552.JPGP1040048.thumb.JPG.ef7e189225770064d1dec58e316a5875.JPG

• Like 2

was a good day out Graham and nice to meet you and the family, Jacob said you can be his wing man anytime lol he really enjoyed himself so much so on the way home he was asleep by the time we hit Amesbury. will have to do it again soon  

41 minutes ago, Southampton Graham said:

Well the day of the meeting has arrived.

With a full contingent of family loaded, I left home about 9.20 am to meet at solstice park outside McD’s at 10 am.  After getting past the traffic at Thruxton (British superbikes) on the A303 I managed to get to meet fellow member Paul at 10.05.  With a quick Hello and handshake we made our way to Old Sarum Airfield, about 8 miles further south and on the outskirts of Salisbury.

We managed to park together outside the Boscombe down aviation collection.  On our arrival we also found out there was a model show on (airfix not catwalk!!). 

The Boscombe Collections aim is to bring the history to life by restorations, replicas and allowing people to experience sitting in their powered cockpits.

We managed to get into a few cockpits so myself and Jacob, Pauls son, became experienced “hanger pilots” in fast jets and helicopters.

We spent a good hour in the museum and afterwards had a look at the aircraft that were parked up outside.

A good first meeting and it was good to meet Paul.

I would like to organise another get together somewhere around the M4 Corridor in October and would be open to suggestions.

P1040043.thumb.JPG.69e6736d3059686f411830c5302e623c.JPGP1040045.thumb.JPG.ab8c68aa158d1e48acfea740fe61f552.JPGP1040048.thumb.JPG.ef7e189225770064d1dec58e316a5875.JPG

Great report therebGraham! Top work! It certainly looks like you all had fun! :) 

Looks like you had a great day....and the sun was shining as well, what a bonus!

Will definitely try to attend your next gathering though

Thanks for putting up a great review  :-)