Drivers Side heated seat

DENDY185

Any one come across a problem with the heated seat on the super sports seat? The red light that indicates the heated seat is on flickers on for a second then completely turns off. If I try pressing the button again no lights will come on however if I turn the car off and back on then the button will flicker again. Element, relays?? Any help would be much appreciated. Cheers 

Welcome to the forum Craig :) 

uoull find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch :) 

it could be the element but it could also be as simple as a loose wire under the seat. I doubt it would be a fuse or relay to be honest as I suspect both seats will run off the same fuse and relay. 

Cheers

steve 

• Like 1

Hi Craig...welcome to the Forum

As Steve has already said, it sounds like it can't be a fuse or relay but more than likely a loose connection somewhere.

Let us know what you find

Cheers,  Trevor

• Like 1

Ah - a happy ending. Note unsympathetic hoovering or big feet passengers can dislodge connections. A securing of electricians tape around the connector block may prevent future interruptions. 

Note Vauxhall are notorious for heated seat matrix failures - do not see so much from other makes. Must be down to seat design. 

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Apologies for dragging up an old topic but I’ve got the same issue and tried disconnecting and reconnecting the connectors under the seat (the green on the floor and the black on the seat itself).

Just wondered what the next step would be? To determine if it’s the element, sensor or something else?

Hello Steve, 

Thanks for being in touch. 

Um! Actually disconnecting connections under the seats? Braver than me, since you are likely to come across seat belt pretensioner connections under there - often linked to air bags - and I wouldn’t fiddle without knowledgeable confidence. Spraying (proper) contact cleaner on the connected connectors and wiggling them yes, but anything more?? 

Where to go now? On a DIY basis, invest in some contact cleaner and find the appropriate fuse ( refer to handbook) for the heated seats, and without removing the fuse ( unless blown), spay the area with the cleaner, and wiggle the fuse in its holder. 

If that doesn’t do anything then I would think you would be wise to employ an hour’s services of a trusted local auto electrician, since fiddling with electrics may not be the way forward. 

Perhaps you could let us know how you get on. 

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

• 1 year later...

Hi all,

I have also had this problem. The passenger heated seat works fine, i have changed the button relay as it runs on a different switch to the passenger one. If i just turn the electrics on in the car the lights come on the indicator for heated seat and stay on but when i start the engine over they go out straight away?

I have also taken the green socket out and checked connections and they look fine, I have traced the wires from that green plug to the connection under the seat and again that seems fine nothing wrong with it.

where do i go to now, any help would be great thanks 🙏🏻 

2 hours ago, Dave walker said:

Hi all,

I have also had this problem. The passenger heated seat works fine, i have changed the button relay as it runs on a different switch to the passenger one. If i just turn the electrics on in the car the lights come on the indicator for heated seat and stay on but when i start the engine over they go out straight away?

I have also taken the green socket out and checked connections and they look fine, I have traced the wires from that green plug to the connection under the seat and again that seems fine nothing wrong with it.

where do i go to now, any help would be great thanks 🙏🏻 

Is it worth getting an auto electrican to check to see if it's getting power? 

Or a diagnostic check? 

It could be the heat pad. 

7 hours ago, Steve Q said:

Is it worth getting an auto electrican to check to see if it's getting power? 

Or a diagnostic check? 

It could be the heat pad. 

I think that will have to be the next step, I’ll try some contact cleaner first and see if that has any effect. Thanks 👍🏼

Hello David,

It sounds as if you need to get a continuity test done on the actual element - once you have established that you are getting 12 volts at the plug. 
A trusted local auto electrician sounds to be the best route.

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

3 hours ago, Magnet said:

Hello David,

It sounds as if you need to get a continuity test done on the actual element - once you have established that you are getting 12 volts at the plug. 
A trusted local auto electrician sounds to be the best route.

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Sounds like the only way forward now, iv tried everything i can think, thanks mate 👍🏼

• Like 1