After the "fix"

Jimnesia

Hi All, new here and am now worried about my 64 plate A4 avant 177 Quattro as I've recently had the recall and fix from Audi 

Been done about 8 weeks ago and tbh I haven't noticed any difference as yet, but getting worried after reading all of the horror stories on the web 

couple of questions really folks, has anyone  else had it done and not suffered from any issues?

Is it true that 2016 A4's onwards are not affected? 

I drive a mix of 4-500 motorway miles and local short journeys per week and have done around 2k miles since the fix.

All replies appreciated 

Jim

Hi and welcome to Audi owners club forums, we are a friendly bunch here and will help where we can.

What was the recall for? 

Be interested to know what the horror stories are does it affect a lot of cars or just some. 

Welcome to the forum Jim :) 

there are a lot of horror stories as I'm sure you've read on here. But to be honest if you've had the emissions update done 8 weeks ago then I would say you'll be fine :) 

usually the issues occur up to a weeek or two after the fix. 

Cheers

steve 

27 minutes ago, Steve Q said:

usually the issues occur up to a weeek or two after the fix. 

Or in many cases only hours after the emissions fix.

Jim, while I appreciate your worries, as Mr Q said, 8 weeks in and you should be fine. Remember that people only take the time to report/post negative experiences as a whole, there are thousands of cars that have had the recall on emissions with no issues. We are seeing the few people comment on the negatives rather than the positive results.

• Like 1

Following another FB page on this there's a fair few owners who've had the remap and weeks and months later they've experienced the same problems 

ive decided after this being my 5th Audi that I'm reluctantly changing it for a 3series as for me personally I'm due a full service at 40k, a full set of 19" tyres mot and extended warranty which all in is going to cost close to £1800 which I've decided to put towards a new car instead 

Shame to hear your changing to BMW but I can understand your reasons/concerns but just became of BMW engines. They are smoother but more tempretmental the high the mileage gets. 

Cheers 

steve

• Like 1

Hi Jim

Welcome to the forum! :D

I've heard many stories as I'm on a few groups on Facebook and as other have stated on here about it occuring weeks or months down the line, sure its the ECU that starts going funny, but also as Trevor has said, Remaps tend to fix the issue, you could be fine though :D keep us update Jim on what's happening :)

Kind regards

Bradley

• Like 1