Door entry lights/puddle lights

Big_dom91

Probably going to be a daft question but im thinking of changing my door entry lights to ones that display the Audi rings and wanted to know how will i know if its the led or halogen light fitting to get ?

Hi, I fitted a set last week. If you have the LED interior light package fitted all the lamps inside the car are LED so get the LED ones.

However I see no reason why the LED ones won't work as a replacement for the halogen door lights?

20170810_211533.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SirTT said:

Hi, I fitted a set last week. If you have the LED interior light package fitted all the lamps inside the car are LED so get the LED ones.

However I see no reason why the LED ones won't work as a replacement for the halogen door lights?

20170810_211533.jpg

Do you mind me asking where you got the s line ones from think i prefer them to the audi rings 👌🏼

• 1 month later...

I've fitted the same S-Line lights to my front doors and I love them.

I did also buy the Audi rings version and was going to fit them to the back doors, but found that the back doors do not have puddle lights. There are recesses in the underside of the door card where they would normally fit, but no lights or holes. I'm wondering if there is any way of cutting out the holes and finding some wires inside to connect to, but haven't taken it any further yet.

Chris

• Like 1

I had all halogen on mine before I changed all the interior to led, Including puddle lights. had no errors after installation and all worked fine and looks great!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi Guys, a bit of a bump on this one.

Does anyone no the vag coding and pins for the rear puddle lights? I've the front as standard and have wired in the exterior handle lights, but 

have tired everything I know to get the rear puddle lights working

Thanks for any help in advance

Ok i popped out the drivers door puddle light and found i have almost no play on the connector as soon as i try and remove the light the wires are going to disappear in the door :(

its the same on rear doors too no play in the wiring 

21 hours ago, Paul A6 said:

Ok i popped out the drivers door puddle light and found i have almost no play on the connector as soon as i try and remove the light the wires are going to disappear in the door :(

its the same on rear doors too no play in the wiring 

Fronts should be fine, rears are very short on a6 c6

1 hour ago, niedzial1983 said:

Fronts should be fine, rears are very short on a6 c6

i`ll give it a bash when it dries up a bit but both my front and rear wires are short so will have to work a way out of not letting the wires pop back inside the door, i`ll try holding the wires with a pair of long nose pillars 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Any pointers?  2016 A6 C7 avant

Tried to change the front passenger halogen puddle light to LED.  Think I may have pulled on the wire to much to get it out and disconnected, light went out whilst I was trying to disconnect and no longer working with old or new, even after closing and opening, locking and unlocking doors.

Drivers door looks even worse with so little length in the wires to try and disconnect old one, I'll probably do the same on this side. 

Cheers 

• 9 months later...

If I were you, I would not change the standard lights. It doesn't look very cool to me, especially now when everyone can order something like that in China for $ 1. Standard lights look pretty good, so consider not changing them. I wanted to somehow put similar lights in my car, but I realized that it looked terrible and dismantled them. Since I could not sell them, now they are installed above the pine doors with frame and at night they perfectly illuminate the entrance to the kitchen. I have not found a better use for them. I could just throw them away, but I really feel sorry for the money I paid for them ...

• 1 year later...

German Lights... Austrian Lights...

All made in China!

(faux Armageddon Movie quote)

Everyone has their own opinions, and are welcome to them. No judgement here. I happen to really like the look of the Logo Lights shining down under the doors. I've worked my !Removed! off for 20 years to own my Audi and I'll be damned if I'm not going to be proud of it. LOL!

I've now found out, after owning it a week, it has the Tech Pack and the Parking pack - and perhaps one of those, or the fact it is a later 2017 C7 model and the Black Edition, has gifted me with all LED Lights - except the puddle lights that are a sad, brown-ish standard dull glow on the floor from an incandescent bulb.

image.png.66e6a9a6719bf14ec410aceeb74e0d3e.png

I bought two of the above Audi Rings Lights because I think with the 3D shading on the rings in these ones look really quite stylish, but sadly the rear doors do not have the puddle lights, and all of them only have red reflectors... My question is - is the wiring in place behind the door card to retrofit the Red Lights on all of the outer edges, and the puddle lights under the rear doors? Or is that a whole can of worms I'm best avoiding?

Please advise...?

And, Thanks in advance.