Chrome trims discoloured A7

Rob F

20170818_153512.thumb.jpg.995d34e3bdc529c1060e4afc7fdc7288.jpgHi everyone. Just a little help. If your chrome trims go discoured/ stained , which is common apparently. Don't buy new. Full set £900. 00. I just removed mine and wrapped them. Cost around £50. 

Make sure you get good wrap. I've enclosed a picture. 

Hope it helps. Rob

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Rob F said:

20170818_153512.thumb.jpg.995d34e3bdc529c1060e4afc7fdc7288.jpgHi everyone. Just a little help. If your chrome trims go discoured/ stained , which is common apparently. Don't buy new. Full set £900. 00. I just removed mine and wrapped them. Cost around £50. 

Make sure you get good wrap. I've enclosed a picture. 

Hope it helps. Rob

Good work there Rob! :) 

Yeah. They all plastic with chrome effect/ black. Go on YouTube. It shows you how to do it, however I removed mine from the car for better finish. Make sure you clean them thouroghly.  Use a hair dryer/heat gun to warm and stretch it were needed. Use a sharp blade. Mine look ace now. Like new.  Take your time and it will save you a fortune.

The door ones just lift up. Held in by couple of clips. The rear window one is a little tricky to come off. You have to get behind trim and ease it out of rubber, without bending it. It is quite tight.  On the A7, the top main trim along the roof is riveted on. You need to remove all seals and remove revits.  Well worth the hard work though.  Saved many hundreds of pounds.