Low oil and low coolient (maybe head gasket?)

Riccardo

Hi

22/08/17 just noticed my coolient leave way below min and oil light recently went off. My mate suggested possible head gasket. I hope !Removed! not as I have had the car in and out of Audi the last two years (including 2017 like a yo yo). March 2017 Audi replaced my rocker cover gasket at a huge cost £500 +. 

I always keep my eye on temperature all normal, no milky oil on oil cap, no white smoke generally or idling (maybe sometimes when I floor it but not 100% sure white smoke?)

Worse case scenario if it is head gasket how much can I expect to pay? Does anyone know a good independent in London or east London that can do an excellent job replaceing?

I've topped up oil to capacity to make it 4 litre level (5w30 castrol edge) and added water to max level. I will watch and monitor car from now.

Milage of vehicle around 104600.

What if..... the Les Pauls (independent garage that had my car for a month)  knocked the tubing or clamp, causing the coolant spill then they put it back in place correctly? As does not seem to be leaking currently. I've  cleaned it off and see if anymore forms on it.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
On 8/23/2017 at 5:40 PM, Riccardo said:

What if..... the Les Pauls (independent garage that had my car for a month)  knocked the tubing or clamp, causing the coolant spill then they put it back in place correctly? As does not seem to be leaking currently. I've  cleaned it off and see if anymore forms on it.

Hello Richard,

I am very sorry as you didn't get any replies.I know it is a older post..still want to know the update.

Thanks for your time.

Jose

Hello Jose,

Appreciate it’s alway extremely beneficial to have feedback on problems posted, but unfortunately the norm is that it seldom happens- regrettably. This has obviously been the case here since the OP has not visited this forum for nigh on 18 months! 

Kind regards,

Gareth.