2017 Audi Build/Delivery Times Accuracy

Rob.J

On 11/12/2017 at 6:10 PM, Rob.J said:

Update! Car is now in quality control! :yahoo:

I understand that the cars can sometimes get bogged down in QC? Once it moves to ‘in transit’ and the car leaves the factory, how long should I expect until the car arrives at the dealership? 

Very exciting! 

Doesnt really happen, if its stuck sometimes it can be that there is an issue, normally though there is just a variance on shipping times, if its first on the ship it might have to wait until the last car is loaded, if its last on the ship it can sail straight away. From build they have 28 days to get the car to dealer. 

On 10/23/2017 at 5:41 PM, AwaitingAudi said:

Audi do not seem to use the tracker the same way we would as mine was built and on a train before my build date, also received an email today saying that is on a boat but it has already arrived in the UK and Agent has said I can collect it either next Monday/Tuesday :yahoo:

Its a shame the tracker does not actually track the vehicle, wait till you want all the tracking codes so you can see which ship it is on, watching those ships cross the North Sea day after day and guessing if it is actually on there 

Unfortunately its generally so you don't get customers jumping up and down wanting their cars before they have even been unwrapped, we get a heads up before you do. There is work to be done on arrival, check the car over, take off packaging, check again, book in, PDi etc, valet, pre fund................ blah blah

2 hours ago, Fletchaudi said:

Doesnt really happen, if its stuck sometimes it can be that there is an issue, normally though there is just a variance on shipping times, if its first on the ship it might have to wait until the last car is loaded, if its last on the ship it can sail straight away. From build they have 28 days to get the car to dealer. 

Grand, thanks!

I got the official email from Audi today saying that the car is in transit, so hopefully it should be down the road at the dealers within 4 weeks then! Exciting......

• 2 weeks later...

Exciting update! The car finished build at the end of last week and is already at the UK port, with collection planned for next Sunday (3rd)!

Even my dealer is surprised with the speed at which it has arrived once it was built! 

Hello Rob,

Very pleased to hear your advanced exciting news. Just wondered if you really were actually going to have this car registered prior to 1st January since technically, it will otherwise be a year old within 3 weeks of you owning it. I appreciate the dealer will tell you it's ongoing value will not be affected, and a 67 plate vehicle is a 67 plate despite it being late 2017 or 2018 registered !?? But.......

Dealers clap their hands at being able to register vehicles during the quiet month of December, so it might be worth bearing this in mind to make sure you get totally unbiased advice. If it were mine, there would be no second thoughts about waiting for Father Christmas to arrange its delivery a week after Christmas. 

Enjoy - and sometimes the enjoyment is greater if you have to wait a little. Think about studying the brochure on Christmas Day - in anticipation! 

Kind regards,

Gareth.

• 1 year later...

I have ordered a new a3 the same day it appeared. I have ordered it directly from factory, from germany. I believe that germany makes cars better for their interior market. But my car came in fe weeks because I was using help of car shipping company which has best rates for cross country shipping. I was very glad with shipping, car came in time and it was in safe. I had full package insurance, so I was calm all the road till US.

• 1 year later...