Looking for a cylinder head or Engine

Nayan
聽Share

Hi all,

New audi owner but having a bad experience. 2 weeks into ownership and the oil pressure light came on. Mechanic said leak in the crank seal and broken chain guides so advised to replace waterpump aswell and a few other bits. Turns out the cylinder head is聽knackerd too. Car has been in the garage for almost 2 months now. 馃槩

So i am now on the lookout for a cylinder head or even a whole engine. If any one can help or point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Nayan

Hey Nayan sorry to hear of your bad news. I too live in Leicester and in terms of breakers yards I use HM spares which are near there redhill roundabout/mcdonalds. Cracking bunch and I was there the other day. Might be worth you giving them a call.聽

There address is Wesley street, Leicester, le45qg. Contact: 01162666660 There stock moves on monthly basis just for info. I'll be speaking to them about a couple of bits for my a6 I can see if they have anything.聽

I also used to use R&Z autosalvage in Loughborough they are on pavilion way off jubilee drive le115wg they're聽 near to the B&q if my memory serves me well. Contact: 01509 237227

Hope IV helped :)聽

Cheers

Steve聽

Hello Nayan,聽

You can't beat dealing with people face to face in your doorstep, so let's hope Steve's contacts can help.聽

If not, there are national search lines (Partsfinder or similar name come to mind as one) who's service will check all scrapyards and those yards will then reply directly to you. A Google search should give you a selection of search companies.

聽Good luck in finding what you want.聽

Kind regards,

Gareth.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Steve Q said:

Hey Nayan sorry to hear of your bad news. I too live in Leicester and in terms of breakers yards I use HM spares which are near there redhill roundabout/mcdonalds. Cracking bunch and I was there the other day. Might be worth you giving them a call.聽

There address is Wesley street, Leicester, le45qg. Contact: 01162666660 There stock moves on monthly basis just for info. I'll be speaking to them about a couple of bits for my a6 I can see if they have anything.聽

I also used to use R&Z autosalvage in Loughborough they are on pavilion way off jubilee drive le115wg they're聽 near to the B&q if my memory serves me well. Contact: 01509 237227

Hope IV helped :)聽

Cheers

Steve聽

12 hours ago, Magnet said:

Hello Nayan,聽

You can't beat dealing with people face to face in your doorstep, so let's hope Steve's contacts can help.聽

If not, there are national search lines (Partsfinder or similar name come to mind as one) who's service will check all scrapyards and those yards will then reply directly to you. A Google search should give you a selection of search companies.

聽Good luck in finding what you want.聽

Kind regards,

Gareth.

Thank you very much steve and gareth, i will get in touch with these contacts.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all

Just an update to let you guys know ive finally got my car back. Managed to source a cykinder head online聽through breaker link. Rang almost all the local salvage yards but this part seems to be like gold dust. Car seems to be running fine now.

Thanks all for the amazing advise.

3 hours ago, Nayan said:

Hi all

Just an update to let you guys know ive finally got my car back. Managed to source a cykinder head online聽through breaker link. Rang almost all the local salvage yards but this part seems to be like gold dust. Car seems to be running fine now.

Thanks all for the amazing advise.

You're most welcome :) glad we could help and glad your car is back on the road :)聽

Cheers

Steve聽