Heated steering wheel temperature

Jonty1625

Hi all, my heated steering wheel isn't very warm at all and with winter approaching I was wondering if it can be adjusted somehow - obviously there are no standard control options for it but assuming someone can use one of the swanky leads and adjust it? I asked the dealer and they said they could investigate the issue (!) and charge me by the hour for it.... errrr no thanks! Google throws up a bunch of posts - some more vague than others, some saying that it could be a faulty steering wheel or that actually its not hot just slightly warm.... compared to my Jag, Merc and other cars with heated wheels its very luke warm and cuts out really quickly... anyone else any views, thoughts or magic fixes?

Answer from the web 

The factory preset temperature is set to 28 degrees C, if you want to increase (or decrease it) using vcds simply go to module 16 (steering wheel), adaptation and select channel 10. the preset value is 28 which relates to 28 degrees. Change this to a temperature of your choice and you are done

Dealer wont do it. No idea about the value . 

You need to find someone with vag com or a local garage who will be willing to do this mod .plus they will be able to check your car for any fault codes . Max 30-40£