Hi all, help needed with car history please

KenL68

I've just aquured an A4 1.9 tdi pd130 Avant with quite high mileage (215,000) and no service history. is there anywhere I can find what work has been done on the car? particularly when the timimg belt etc was replaced?

TIA

Ken

Hi Ken, 

You'll be able to find out what work your Audi has had done at the main dealer by giving them a call :) 

Audi Jeep the records of all work carried out on their vehicles. Also I believe the cambelt should have a date on it but don't quote me on that. 

I know it's the expensive option but if it were me I'd be doing a cambelt and water pump change as well as a full service just to be on the safe side :) plus doing a full service will.pribabky give you a good indication of when it was last serviced by the condition of the oil, air filter and oil filter.

These engines are tough. My a6 has the sister engine (2.5tdi) which has coved 328,200 miles and the engine and gearbox are the original and have never been rebuilt. 

Hope IV helped :) 

Cheers

Steve 

Much appreciated Steve. I'll check with the dealer. I've always done my own servicing in the past, my son does it for me now but the timing belt replacement is a big job and the cost is beyond me. I would need to save for it. So it looks like the car will be off the road while we do it, then it will just be the cost of parts. So I'm hoping it's been done giving me time to prepare for it.

You're welcome :) glad I could help :) 

It's a big.job but.best way for piece of mind. To be fair I would argue that if it's done 215k then it must have been looked after. I mean the PD engine is strong but no engine can cover that mileage without reasonable maintainance.

Cheers :) 

Steve 

7 minutes ago, Steve Q said:

To be fair I would argue that if it's done 215k then it must have been looked after. I mean the PD engine is strong but no engine can cover that mileage without reasonable maintainance.

Yes I was thinking on similar lines, also it's very clean under the bonnet, fuel filter hoses etc are all very clean and new looking. I'm going to add breakdown repair to my breakdown cover just in case.

That's good then. Another thing.you.coumd try is speak.to.the previous owners listed on the log book. Im Sure they can advise you on what major work the cars had. 

That's not a bad idea to be honest :) but as I say my a6 has covered 328k and even went to.europe this year and didn't skip a beat! :) 

Cheers

Steve