Anyone (recommended) to update code to use lane assist, traffic sign etc.

JQ5

Hi All

Is there anyone that can change the set up for my car? I’d like to fully utilise the front camera and sensor by turning on the lane assist and all other config that requires a front facing camera. 

Ive got high beam assist which uses the front camera I think?

also have Audi pre sense on the front at least which hits the breaks a little too quick. 

Anyone in Berkshire or surrounding areas - even West London that can help or point towards a reputable person or garage would be great. 

Thanks. 

I would like to enable:

Audi Active Lane Assist

Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)

Traffic jam assist

Traffic sign recognition

Turn assist 

I think I already have Audi Pre-sense front with collision avoidance assist as the red warning triangle with Audi Pre Sense popped up on the VC when I got a little close to a car that turned into my lane. 

Hi Jay I'm sure it can be retro fitted and I bet it would be a combination of programing it in to the car but extra sensors and sensors may need to be installed. I have found this article on another forum and as you can see it's not straight forward fitting lane assist. 

Hope you find this link useful :) 

http://forums.ross-tech.com/showthread.php?3295-DIY-Audi-Q5-Active-Lane-Assist-Retrofit-DONE

Here's similar info for the acc.....

http://forums.ross-tech.com/showthread.php?1732-Adaptive-Cruise-Control-retrofit-(2014-Q5)

This next link is info on acc but fitting to an a3 but I suspect it would be a similar principal....

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-a3-s3-rs-3-mkii-209/just-found-adaptive-cruise-control-acc-retrofit-kit-2894987/

Hope IV helped :) 

Cheers

Steve 

Hi Steve. 

Superb links!

I suspect from reading them all, that I already have the majority of critical kit fitted into the car:

1. Calibrated Camera in windscreen. 

2. IR sensors ( for both parking and Audi pre-sense )

3. VPC module. 

I think I’d need a new cruise control stalk with ‘min and max’ selector  to control the distance between me and the car I am following and coding to turn all the other bits on from the factory default off. 

Not something that’s urgent at all, maybe will ask the dealer for the information on how much and how intensive it is to get all the spec available. Then I will have an idea on what’s possible and how much I’m willing to pay :zorro:

Many thanks again. 

Hello mate

ive got all the active options - they were provided when I bought the car. My options are mostly already listed in my profile information  

As I already have high beam assist, matrix led headlights, Audi pre-sense and front parking sensors fitted, the hardware is mostly already on the car (except the ACC stalk) but I think you can use the MMI to turn ACC on and off once it’s retrofit activated in the cars software.  

I’m looking to turn on the options that were not initially activated by the tech guys at the factory. -( those options require the windscreen camera and sensors to be fitted ) - which I already have so shouldn’t be a major problem  

I just need the coding changed from 0 to 1 using VAGCOM or whatever the techie guys use to change the software configuration of the car. 0 = off and 1 = on? Or something like that  

Cheers. 

6 hours ago, JQ5 said:

Hi Steve. 

Superb links!

I suspect from reading them all, that I already have the majority of critical kit fitted into the car:

1. Calibrated Camera in windscreen. 

2. IR sensors ( for both parking and Audi pre-sense )

3. VPC module. 

I think I’d need a new cruise control stalk with ‘min and max’ selector  to control the distance between me and the car I am following and coding to turn all the other bits on from the factory default off. 

Not something that’s urgent at all, maybe will ask the dealer for the information on how much and how intensive it is to get all the spec available. Then I will have an idea on what’s possible and how much I’m willing to pay :zorro:

Many thanks again. 

You're welcome :) 

I'm sure Audi will charge you a pretty penny for it all no doubt! 

• 2 months later...

ACC requires 2 infra red lasers / sensors to be fitted to the front bumper - which allows the car in front distance from mine  to be gauged and registered. 

So thats not on the plan of action now!

5 hours ago, JQ5 said:

ACC requires 2 infra red lasers / sensors to be fitted to the front bumper - which allows the car in front distance from mine  to be gauged and registered. 

So thats not on the plan of action now!

Don't blame you! Plus acc can be expensive to fix if it goes wrong! I'm sure the camera is around £400 if I'm not mistaken. And if it needs resetting then you have to do a 4 wheel alignment. 

• 4 years later...

I am wondering if anyone can provide help with explaining how Active Lane Assist was turned on on my 2018 Q5 but then it was turned off after they did the 3G update to my MMI system?  I do not have the button on the turn signal to turn lane assist on and off, so I am assuming the former owner somehow figured out how to turn it on retroactively.  The dealership thinks I'm lying about the fact that it was on when I purchased the vehicle. 

Can anyone confirm whether this is a possibility?  I really miss the feature, but I'm met with blank stares when I try and explain that the MMI 3G update removed the feature. 

Thanks for your help!