Audi's new formula E car unveiled

Steve Q

Audi has just unveiled it's brand new Formula E race car, the FE04 which will make it's debut in season 4 of the Formula E championship in Hong Kong. This is the first formula E car that Audi has designed and built after sponsoring Abt Schaeffler for the last 3 seasons. Schaeffler will be still behind the wheel of the new car which has an improved gearbox.

This is a significant step for Audi as some of the technology used in the FE04 will gradually be released on up and coming road cars such as the Audi e-tron SUV which is due next year. 

Here are the links for further info :) 

https://www.topgear.com/car-news/electric/audi-unveils-e-tron-fe04-formula-e-racer

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/motorsport-formula-e/audi-e-tron-fe04-revealed-brand’s-first-all-electric-racing-car

Cheers

Steve 

audi_e-tron_fe04_1_audi_e-tron.jpg

• Like 1

Great to see Audi still involved in motorsport, such a shame they dropped out of the World Endurance Championships but they reigned supreme in the series winning 13 out of 16 Le Mans 24 Hours victories.

I'm sure they will do equally as well with the new car in FormulaE

45 minutes ago, Trevor said:

Great to see Audi still involved in motorsport, such a shame they dropped out of the World Endurance Championships but they reigned supreme in the series winning 13 out of 16 Le Mans 24 Hours victories.

I'm sure they will do equally as well with the new car in FormulaE

I get the impression they've dropped the other 2 for this for some reason. I guess they're trying to prepare for the future in light of the emissions scandal

• Like 1