Saying 'Hello'!

JohnO

Thank you for the warm welcome, Steve... now, how do I put a picture on here?  I'd like to do it direct from my iPhone, but the 'profile' and 'my attachments' bits dont seem to want to play!

John

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, neilg2483 said:

Hi all. I’m new to the forum.

I collected my new A3 Black Edition in November and I’m absolutely loving it so far. 

Here’s a pic...

0866A520-1EF7-4093-932C-CDDC43451318.jpeg

Welcome to the forum Neil, you'll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch :) 

Nice looking a3 you have there :) 

Cheers

Steve

Yep, they’re official Audi wind deflectors. I’ve always liked the look of them too. 

I’ll be honest, they do slightly interfere with the closing if the windows (only on the driver side for me). Once i’ve closed my window, I need to give the button another pull and the window moves about another 5mm until it’s fully seated, otherwise I get a really annoying rattle from the window.

It’s still watertight without me doing that, but the rattle is very irritating.  I’m planning on buying some silicon spray for the window seals, which i’m hoping will solve it.

That said though, it’s a small issue that I’m prepared to live with. I love to drive with my window slightly open, and the deflectors are great for keeping the rain out.

• 2 weeks later...