New to Audi form

iainmack

Hello All

New to the forum and apologies for posting that Im the current owner of an RSQ3 which I am not!

Please note that I am currently shopping around for this car as it appeals to me firstly as its an interesting type of car while not truly an RS (media blurb) but with the 2.5 5 cylinder which i research as being quite an interesting motor. I looked at the VW Golf R but have always wanted to own AUDI as brand but never got around to it!

I see that there is a range of prices from £24000 upwards towards the £35000 mark from Audi approved from 14 plate all the way up to 66 plate....

Im here to see if someone would kindly advise me about "wavy disc" brakes and BOSE sound (which is almost a must have for me) as Im not to bothered about colour (blue, white,black,red in that order perhaps) but I do like the idea of 306-340bhp through one large tailpipe and have watched the numerous youtube videos of launch control acceleration! Is there a way to upgrade 306 to 340 as its the same engine? My friend owns A4 59plate and can upgrade 200bhp to 230bhp with engine map from Audi. 

If someone here is knowledgeable and could share if the RSQ3 is truly a wolf in sheep clothing or just potter around in one with the family then blast it down motorway without wife and kids then Im all ears!! Desperate to buy one but don't tell a dealer that as I nearly bought an SQ5 last year as I thought I would put the dogs in the back in the "cage" (Audi partition for dogs) but theyre not going there ever lol.... The back seats with heavy blankets and maybe some foam down the footwells so they can crash out with dirty paws.......Ive thought of everything just don't know much about the RSQ3 :withstupid:

Thanks for any info people may have.......advance thanks :yes: 

Welcome to the forum Iain :) 

You'll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch :) 

Yes it is a wolf in sheep's clothing and yes you can increase the power. A remap will get you.those extra horses :) various companies offer this service and the map should be tailored to your car as no to RSQ3 will be the same due to age, mileage, service history and even to the way it's been driven. 

If you're looking at approved used from Audi then you should be seeing cars that are some of the best out there (in theory) in terms of service history mileage and condition :) 

Hope I've helped :) 

Cheers

Steve