Dashcams front and rear

Rams

Thinking about having a dashcams front and rear.

Firstly are they worth having?

Are they easy to use and install?

Are hardwired better?

Any suggestions and opinions would be great, especially if you know anyone who deals with fitting them around Derby or Nottingham.

Thanks

YES definitely worth it , I sue the 'Blackvue'  DR650GW which comes with both front and back cameras, also hardwired into ignition, done by a guy down in Surrey so no wires showing and those that are, are very discreet. no problem, would recommend him every time.

• 2 months later...

Only joined today. Just picked up on this topic. Totally agree with David I have these cameras fitted to my Q5 they are excellent very discrete and the they work with an app on your phone.

• 2 months later...

Nizamuk.

In my opinion I would stay well away from this type of camera. I fitted a front and rear Blackvue camera to my Q5. Hard wired so no unplugging from the socket no untidy wires and a very high quality item for the camera and a little box of tricks to stop the drain on your battery when car switched off (can’t remember name of this box). Fitted just over £400 but well worth it. The camera records even when away from the car so if someone is to bump your car the camera starts to record. If you have a budget you need to stick to I would suggest contacting a local fitter or read the reviews in Autoexpress car mag for cameras. Happy hunting. Enjoy the Q5.

36 minutes ago, Q5driver58 said:

Nizamuk.

In my opinion I would stay well away from this type of camera. I fitted a front and rear Blackvue camera to my Q5. Hard wired so no unplugging from the socket no untidy wires and a very high quality item for the camera and a little box of tricks to stop the drain on your battery when car switched off (can’t remember name of this box). Fitted just over £400 but well worth it. The camera records even when away from the car so if someone is to bump your car the camera starts to record. If you have a budget you need to stick to I would suggest contacting a local fitter or read the reviews in Autoexpress car mag for cameras. Happy hunting. Enjoy the Q5.

Hi

the above mentioned dash cam also works as a rear view cam as you put reverse gear on you can see the rear through the dash cam 4 inch screen also ,so that is why i prefer this also this is also hard wired one and got all the features  a 400 pound one got buyers who bought this were given 5 star reviews.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi I am waiting for delivery of a Q5 and I am toying with the idea of dual  dash cams ,Audi want £590 for their  system ,anyone got experience of these or are there better ,I know there are certainly cheaper ones.

Thanks Pagey 

I have a Q5 with front and back cameras made by Blackvue, cost me around £300 plus wired in locally by a guy in Cranleigh, very good job no wires visible .

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, dsc8w said:

Blackvue

That was my 1st choice till i started reading up on the thinkware f770 which i think has more spec for my money over the blackvue yet both good cams

4 hours ago, pagey1956 said:

Hi I am waiting for delivery of a Q5 and I am toying with the idea of dual  dash cams ,Audi want £590 for their  system ,anyone got experience of these or are there better ,I know there are certainly cheaper ones.

Try  this one only 75 pounds got lots of features like lane assist rear view cam 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222645081777

4 hours ago, pagey1956 said:

Thanks Pagey 

Just a couple of pics of Blackvue fitted to my car.  This is the second Audi I have had these cameras fitted to and have no reason to use the warranty so cannot comment on the warranty.

Photos 1,2 & 3 front camera

Photos 4&5 rear camera

0CDCFEFA-4635-4B21-9EE5-A0C3759BC112.jpeg

A4F6BF60-7EF2-4791-8D74-0098C7FD29D0.jpeg

8B143219-84DB-4DED-A2E7-281A8E60D0B2.jpeg

7A856B4E-790A-42B7-8CFE-4FB0E2A757DE.jpeg

C59ABD67-4814-4178-9ACD-0F56C9AFCD73.jpeg