Fitting an Aux input/cable to Nav Plus (w reg)

DPBAudiS6

Hi all, 

New to this forum, and to Audi! Pick up my 2000 S6 4.2 on Friday. It's an old girl to start with but have to start somewhere. The very first thing I want to do, is fit an auxiliary input to the stereo. Perhaps should do more mechanical things but I love music. Has anybody any experience on this or any advice they could give at all. Is it even possible?? 

Once I begin I'll keep details on here posted and photos along the way too.  Although I haven't picked up the car yet I have a photo of the system from the car advert. See attached image. 

Cheers! 

Dan

Screenshot_20171024-102701.png

Hi Dan welcome to the forum :) 

The s6 c5 is a great car, and despite it's age itll drive great as long as it's been maintained property :) 

I'm not too sure about fitting an aux but I have a suspension there is an socket on the back of the radio for an ad on, if that makes sense. Don't quote me on that though.

Cheers

Steve 

• Thanks 1

Hi Steve, 

Yeah I'd read that somewhere online too, think I'll just have to give it a go and see what's there. I'll have to then find the right part to buy and find the best place to route the cable also, thought there maybe a Bluetooth adapter too but that may be a step too far. 

Will see how it goes and update along the way. 

Dan

Not a problem Dan, glad I could help :) 

whatsome people have done is fit the aux in one of the blanking plates above the radio, next to the cupholder. One if the buttons should be your esp. But if it's anything like mine then the other 2 could be blanked off with plastic. If that makes sense? 

I believe the c5 predates Bluetooth so you may have to buy an after market kit like parrot or change your head unit. 

Cheers

Steve 

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...