Alternatives to built in Sat Nav

Ideoversal

Hi there, I've got a 2015 A3 Sport and have been increasingly cheesed off with the SatNav. To be honest I thought it was pretty crap from day 1 - it shows the wrong level of detail, doesn't take you the best route, doesn't spot traffic jams, always tries to take you back to the traffic jam when you seek an alternative, and keeps swapping between North position and driver position views. On top of that the road data seemed to be almost immediately out of date and apparently there were never any updates available. This time when I've spoken to the dealer they say an update is available (the first since I bought it in March 2015), but that it's going to cost £241 - that's on top of the £500 odd pounds I spent to have it as an added extra.

I'm seriously tempted at this point to ditch the Audi SatNav and buy a TomTom. I was wondering what other A3 owners have done ... are you putting up with the Audi one or are you going the 3rd party route.

If anyone's put in a third party one, what did you do about fitting it, powering it, and how did you get it to mute the Audi's music system when there was a SatNav announcement?

Cheers ... Peter

• Like 1

I quite agree, I complained about the incorrect speed limits displayed on some local roads 3or 4weeks after buying the car, only to have a very disinterested reply of, “bad luck, can’t do anything “!  Since then, I’ve been very unimpressed with the SatNav, and when I go on a longer journey, I always put my TomTom in the car. I would never recommend Audi SatNav. I get free updates with TomTom, and the SD card for the Audi SatNav could be updated via computer download for practically no cost! But Audi make money wherever they can!