New Clutch for 490BHP S4 B8

Zicon

Hi,

I have a 2009 Audi S4 B8 and the clutch is slipping so i need a new one.  I bought the car modified so don't know the exact mods.  I know it has high torque racing pulleys on the super charger from MRC.  I think MRC did a custom map on it, so i don't know if i need a stage 1 or stage 3 clutch.  I do have a dyno showing about 490BHP and 400lb/ft torque.

Please can someone advise me of what sort of clutches i need to be looking at as a replacement?

Thanks,

James.

Welcome to the forum James :) 

You'll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch :) 

I'm not too sure on what clutch to recommend to you to be honest. But I would advise ringing the tuning company who carried out the work or speak to the previous owner (if possible) to establish which one they fitted. It would be more work but better safe than sorry. 

Sorry I can't help more :) 

Cheers 

Steve 

Hi,

I know one of the previous owners fitted a grade 1 standard Audi clutch and think an Audi standard dual mass fly wheel. I think I will call MRC and see what they recommend as they did the tuning of the car. 

I have been looking at clutches and dual mass fly wheels by Luk as an after market clutch. Has anyone has one of these and can recommend if they are good or not?

James. 

Oh also I've since found the dyno graph and receipt of work done. Its not a custom map. It's a stage 2 tune so their will be max 430ft/lbs torque at flywheel. 

Thanks

James.