CD Changer

Illy

I have a question and I'm sure one of you may be able to help, I'm looking to fit a cd changer in my Audi A4 B7 convertible s line, is there a special one needed to fit in the glove box which is where I want to place it as I have the sat nav screen ect fitted to the dash it has a cd behind the screen but if your using the sat nav I can't play CDs as I need to use sat nav disc, do I need to change the glove box to have one and also do I need any extra leads for the unit, I have seen cd changers on eBay but as I'm not sure I don't want to buy the wrong one, sorry for a lot of info but I'm sure it makes sense as you read, thanks and hope you can help, oh don't forget do I need any extra leads for the unit and does it plug into the main unit in the dash thanks again.

image.jpeg

ZHello Illya,

I'm not sure how much of this is going to be of positive help, but I think you are doing the right think in going your homework. Appreciating these (6?) stack CD changers may have been able to have been fitted in the glove box on this particular model, it was not uncommon for them to have been fitted in the boot or even under the passenger seat when they were in vogue. In my experience, these units can be unreliable in service and can tend to jam - boots and even inside convertibles can be a harsh environment.  You could be lucky, but worth bearing in mind. Yes, there will be a dedicated connection lead designed to fit back into your existing original equipment. I seem to recall Alpine was a volume brand for these. 

Now certainly not my field of expertise!  - but I'm sure there are many members on here who will advise you - but have you thought about the more up to date and comprehensive, and probably more reliable ways of downloading music into the car, rather than playing CDs. 

Good luck with it,

Kind regards,

Gareth.