Quattro With AWD do I have to charge all four worn tires at the same time?

Riccardo

Hi all

this subject has has been doing my head in for weeks. I've spoken to friends, looked on various Internet forums and I'm still struggling for an answer. 

With AWD do I have to charge all four tires at the same time?

2015 I put on four brand new mitchlin ps4's today the front pair have about 2mm left, and the back pair have around 2.4mm left. 

I know it's preferable to change all four at same time, but I'm trying to watch the penny's, but I also do not want to do any damage to the Quattro system. 

So my my question is can I get away with just changing the front pair with two new ps4's?

Hello Richard,

To get your head around this issue its worth bearing in mind that you are getting yourself in a twist about a debatable 15 thousands of one inch!  i.e. your quoted 0.4mm difference between front and rear treads. A !Removed! paper as we used to say.

Now in theory you can run the fronts down to an even 1.6 mm remaining, but come what may, you will need to bite the bullet and renew the set since you will otherwise be at the worse possible case of maximum tread on the front and minimum tread on the rears until you change the rears some weeks later. 

Kind regards, 

Gareth.

Whats wrong with the three letter word "!Removed!" then? 

• Thanks 1