A6 mmi problem with bluetooth

Seco
聽Share

Hi all,

Had my 63 plate a6 for about 4 months now. When I first got it, Bluetooth calling and music streaming was fine with no issues. But now it seems like it struggles to connect to the phone, and when it does it seems to cut in and out as if something is affecting the reception. If I sit my phone in the little storage compartment under the heating controls it works fine. But when I put it in the armrest it struggles to pick it up. I have reset Bluetooth settings and deleted the car from my phones devices, any ideas or suggestions?

Another fault is when I connect my phone via the lightening to mmi interface cable (iPhone 6) is that it more often than not begins to cycle rapidly through my entire song catalogue on my phone, playing a second of each song before skipping to the next. Again any help on this would be much appreciated 馃槉.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi - I have a 16 plate A6 with MMi and I use an iPhone 6

I have not seen any of these issues but can make the following suggestions -聽

The Software between the iPhone and MMi have become incompatible due to an update in either or software releases?

The playback on the iPhone is set to preview?

Sorry I cant be of further assistance but I do know that your iOS is later release than your MMi OS聽

5 hours ago, Envy said:

Hi - I have a 16 plate A6 with MMi and I use an iPhone 6

I have not seen any of these issues but can make the following suggestions -聽

The Software between the iPhone and MMi have become incompatible due to an update in either or software releases?

The playback on the iPhone is set to preview?

Sorry I cant be of further assistance but I do know that your iOS is later release than your MMi OS聽

Thanks for you鈥檙e reply!

You鈥檙e point on the compatibility is a very valid one, the iOS is the most recent one but聽the AMI might need a software update but I鈥檓 not sure how I鈥檇 go about this and if it would be costly via Audi.

Im not sure about the playback set to preview? I鈥檝e not come across this?

Thanks again.

• 3 weeks later...

You don't have shake to shuffle set on your iPhone in your music settings do you and the engine vibration or whatever is triggering the skip? Not sure if that is in the new iOS but it used to be and pee'd me off when walking or whatever and it kept jumping.

I had issues with my iPod after latest iOS update and it not recognising the device (I have a 16 plate A6 with the advanced MMI or whatever it's posh name is) and was told that Audi didn't have an update yet. My fix was to roll back my iPod to a previous iOS and it's all good. My iPhone works flawlessly though over wired or BT connection so really is a bit hit and miss, although I did reset my MMI completely and deleted the phone from the system and reconnected as a 'new phone'.

32 minutes ago, Jonty1625 said:

You don't have shake to shuffle set on your iPhone in your music settings do you and the engine vibration or whatever is triggering the skip? Not sure if that is in the new iOS but it used to be and pee'd me off when walking or whatever and it kept jumping.

I had issues with my iPod after latest iOS update and it not recognising the device (I have a 16 plate A6 with the advanced MMI or whatever it's posh name is) and was told that Audi didn't have an update yet. My fix was to roll back my iPod to a previous iOS and it's all good. My iPhone works flawlessly though over wired or BT connection so really is a bit hit and miss, although I did reset my MMI completely and deleted the phone from the system and reconnected as a 'new phone'.

Thanks for you鈥檙e reply!

Thale shake to shuffle setting I turned off ages ago as it was a nightmare lol, so it鈥檚 not that.

I do think there is an issue with the Bluetooth module itself as I experienced similar issues when I paired my mates Samsung s7 phone with the car. If you cover you鈥檙e phone or put it in you鈥檙e pocket the car can鈥檛 find the device, it鈥檚 been very frustrating.

Cheers.