2014 Q5 Sunroof not closing flush with roof

Aerotus

Hi everyone,

I noticed that the right side of my sunroof sits about 3mm higher than the left side. I think this may have been caused by accidently opening the sunroof when it was iced up a few days ago. The roof operates normally in all functions but just doesn't sit completely flush. I checked the tracks and there are no blockages of any kind. I need to fix this before it worsens. Does anyone know what could be the problem? Is it likely to be one of the motors is now out of sync and needs a recalibration? Audi don't have time to see me until Jan 17th  so I need other solutions. Thanks!

Pic 1: Showing the right side jutting out

Pic 2: Showing the left side sitting flush

Pic 3: Long view where you can see the right side jutting out

20171218_134240.jpg

20171218_134311.jpg

20171218_134411.jpg

• 2 months later...

For closure of this, I went to a garage and the guy there adjusted some of the screws on the inside of the sunroof. Managed to align it a lot better, not perfect but barely noticeable to me now. Remember to program your key not to open the sunroof by holding the unlock button for 5 seconds! It's not worth the potential accident during wintry icy days,