R8 TRV - Registration For Sale

Chris Dagwell

• 3 months later...

• 1 month later...
On 12/27/2017 at 11:38 AM, Chris Dagwell said:

Hello,

I'm just about to sell my late fathers cherished number plate R8 TRV, and wondered if it might find an appropriate home on an R8?

Do let me know if of interest.

Thanks, Chris

Did you find out if anyone's interested in this? 

Hi Chris,

I made the initial enquiry.  I don't pick up my car until mid July, so not sure what reg I will get or what I really want.  There are a lot for sale beginning with R8 XXX, for less than £300, but none of the letters mean much to me.   I will give it some more thought and let you know nearer the time I collect my car.

• 2 months later...

Hello Chris,

Wondered if my experience of trying to sell a cherished number may just give some pointers to aid its sale.

Companies such as Registration Transfers ( and there are many more) will give you a valuation and a 'return-to-you' figure if they sell it on your behalf. This will give you a ball park figure which should help with a question such as 'how much are you looking for it?' 

My belief and experience points to a response of 'make an offer' rarely leading to a sale., and I'm a firm believer in setting a figure and making that known. 

Your number might well sell quickly, but my recent experience resulted in a cherished number I held on retention and advertised with cherished number dealers for 10 years, being reunited with the donor vehicle after this lapse of time. Too expensive? Not really ,since I reduced the return to me figure every  3 years until it was listed at a third of it's original valuation - this original valuation being considered realistic to the dealers and myself. 

Yours of course, may sell well and quickly, particularly if you show your hand and state what price you want for it. 

Good luck and kind regards,

Gareth.