Need opinions on Audi A4 B5 facelift

Railman0z

Hi guys,

This is my first topic in this community and I understand that maybe this isn't best forums to start with saying such a thing ,but I would like to start this thread with beeing sincere and saying that I'm newcomer to United Kingdom and that I'm originally from Latvia ,but still I'm Audi enthusiast and I hope for your help. :)
So, the thing is that for a long time my dream was to purchase Audi A4 B5 facelift saloon model. It's quite common car in my country and there's plenty of them for sale ,so there's no problem with repairing if they break. And so now I'm planning in near future to buy this car in U.K. ,but theres things that bothers me - there's not very much exectly this model of Audi for sale here so I'm not sure if it wouldn't cost me a fortune to repair it if it breaks. Would you recommend me to buy this car for daily use in this country? Also what could be the common problems with exectly this model worth checking before buying?
Sorry for bad English grammar. Hope for your help! :)

Welcome to the forum Lauris, you'll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch :) happy new year by the way :)

The a4 b5 is a nice car and there are members on here who use them as daily drivers. Here's some reviews which may help: 

Hope they're useful :) 

From my personal experience of using an old Audi daily, it can get expensive when things go wrong! But my a6 has done 328k miles and is still doing atleast 2k miles a month. But I love it and wouldn't have it any other way due to the sentimental value of my a6 :) 

As I say maintenance is key, so any car your looking at, make sure it has good service history. This is even more important on high mileage examples. When looking at any b5 make sure all electronic items work and the air con works. If the air con is broken it could cost around £1000 to fix if it's the pump or condenser etc. 

Also see when the cambelt and water pump we're last changed as these can be around £500 to sort. Don't forget to listen out for any knocking noises when the engine is cold or any white smoke from the exhaust. 

Hope I've helped :) 

Cheers

Steve

• Thanks 1