a4 bhp?

rustybulletwound

wonder if any of you can help me?

i test drove a black edition a4 190 tdi  and loved it, the dealer found one in group stock for me and told me it was the 190 version which it said on the screen, so i ordered it 

upon showing my friend it on the audi webisite it said it was 150 bhp and my mate said it was 150 bhp as it has a single exhaust and the 190 has 2 together on left side, the garage say its 190 and the audi page was wrong, is there any way of finding out which is right?  nearly all the free car check sites are saying its 188bhp bar a couple which say 148 bhp 

thanks dale 

Hello Dale,

I think you are very ( should be in capitals)  wise to question this before proceeding to buy. OK, free website checks, but you will be investing a fair amount of money in this purchase, so you will need to be sure - by possibly investing a little more in a paid for check -  what this car is. Inform the checking company of your area concern, but I'm sure they will need the VIN number (in addition to the registration number ) in order to give you the full information.

If it were me, I would be contacting the dealer you are buying it off and asking them to e-mail you both the reg. no. and the VIN. E-mail rather than taking it over the phone so you have this in writing. I would then be ringing another dealer and asking them to check it on their system, before having a full paid for and printed-out check on this vehicle. 

This is personal opinion only Dale, but would I buy any car on the basis of simply only seeing photos on a website anyway? No, I wouldn't - but that's me. I think you will find that if this vehicle is transported to where you are buying it and you don't then like something about it and don't buy it, then you have to pay the transport costs (both ways?). Investing that money in petrol to go and see it may be another non-committing option, or simply waiting for something more local to turn up.

Anyway, good luck with whatever you decide, but I wouldn't leave too much to luck!

Kind regards,

Gareth.

• Thanks 1

Welcome to the forum Dale, you'll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch :) 

I have to agree with Gareth on this. It.might also be worth acquiring the engine number from.the dealer as this will as determine what power the engine has :) 

Cheers

Steve

• Thanks 1

thanks guys   

the vehicle has landed and I've have inspected it and test driven it and its immaculate its just like new with 3000 on clock 

it is the 150 bhp model, just isn't quite as responsive as the 190 but its for the mrs so its fine

this is the actual vehicle 

thanks for taking the time to respond 

1 minute ago, Steve Q said:

Looks very nice :) 

As long as the other half is happy with it, then that's the main thing :) 

You could always get it remapped ;) 

Cheers

Steve

thanks steve 

im sure it will be fine as it is, knowing my luck the engine would blow up !!!