Cat converter missing on S8 failed mot

prav

H, new to this forum so hello to all and need some help please. My beautiful S8 D2 just failed MOT on emissions as Cats are needed. Can I get cheap replacements cat converters and how much ?  Where can I get them from? Totally gutted as other than that my S8 is amazing. 

Thanks. Prav

Hello Prav,

Sorty to hear of your problem. Not uncommon that these are stolen  - by those who tend to find things before you know you have lost them! 

Yes, I guess you can buy cheap? aftermarket catalytic converters ( but you may find not all cars are catered for). If these are available then you will probably find that although they are cheaper, they can sometime barely satisfy the emission requirements and at the next MoT maybe unlikely to do that - so I would be beware. One possible aftermarket source would be Fuel Parts Ltd., and if you look them up, I'm sure they will advise whether they do these for your model.

A better? source would be car breakers - in the hope that you would find originals rather than aftermarket, but make sure it's OE you are buying not aftermarket. There are websites which cover breaker's yards and will search for what you want. Partsfinder? may be the name of one, but there will be more if you search. 

Good luck with sorting it out.

Kind regards,

Gareth.

Thank you so much Gareth. I'm am really bemused and now considering selling my S8 - taking a hit on it. The Cat covers are on the car but the internal bits are all missing. But thanks for your help again I will do some searching for parts.

regards, Prav

Hi All. I've decided to sell my amazing S8 because of the cats issues - needs new cats for MOT.  It also just needs 3 x suspension bushes replacing. Apart fro that it's just brilliant and gutted to sell. I'm putting it up for £2800 so let me know if anyone interested. It's 2002 and all belts servicing done ...it' drive fantastic, has PlayStation fitted in rear with rear screen, DVD, cd stack etc etc. My mobile is 97917274640, I'm in Nottingham. Thanks.more photos available 

IMG_0077.JPG