SOFT TOP LEAK

JUDETUBE

I have a leak in my roof and have been told you can adjust and tighten the roof slightly forward to get a better seal

has anyone tried this or have a leak that they have managed to repair

both on the right and left hand sides where the roof joins the car through the plastic trim i have cleaned out the tubes and put in grease it is better but not completely cured.

Hello Judith,

As a general rule of thumb those who reliably inform that things can be done, can usually actually do it. If they can't, then the advice is best treated as not being very useful.

In this case however, I would be tempted to believe that it probably can be, but would I adjust one? I most certainly would not, since these roofs normally have delicate micro switches etc. and you may end up with this roof simply not opening or closing properly, leave-alone leaking a bit! 

Its difficult to fully grasp where this leak is - could you post a photo of the 'joint area' where the leak originates? A DIY bodge may be that you can add a strip of foam rubber , but very difficult to offer meaningful advice without looking/photo.

I see your location as Cradley. Is this Cradely Heath? If so, I might be able to point you towards a source reasonably priced advice/assistance if you are prepared to travel into S.Wales.

Kind regards,

Gareth.

2 hours ago, Steve Q said:

Hmm, I'm unsure how to adjust the roof to be honest. I've looked online and YouTube but nothing is coming up that's useful. 

Have you taken it to a garage to be looked at? 

not taken it to the garage but i asked Audi yesterday and he said it may not be coming in from the corner area it may be along the front somewhere, and that is is difficult to find and may be quite expensive to fix!!