Weather

WPAWS

What a contrast in the weather over the UK at the moment up north are getting it bad yet down south its clear skies with a slight wind. can't believe some people were stranded on the M8 for 7 hours yesterday

Just to add, on.my way to work this morning I had a tree come down onto my car! Thankfully i managed to swerve but it caught the passenger side. But luckily it's only minor scratches! Could have been alot worse! And you'll all be pleased to know that this didn't happen to the a6, but to my daily. 

15 hours ago, Paul A6 said:

What a contrast in the weather over the UK at the moment up north are getting it bad yet down south its clear skies with a slight wind

As Paul has already said, it's quite lovely down here....blue skies, sunshine and really quite warm....although I am still gutted that we didn't get any snow!

1 hour ago, Steve Q said:

Just to add, on.my way to work this morning I had a tree come down onto my car! Thankfully i managed to swerve but it caught the passenger side. But luckily it's only minor scratches! Could have been alot worse! And you'll all be pleased to know that this didn't happen to the a6, but to my daily. 

Sorry to hear you've had a near miss Steve and that the new car has been scratched but could have been a lot worse by the sound of it

1 hour ago, Trevor said:

Sorry to hear you've had a near miss Steve and that the new car has been scratched but could have been a lot worse by the sound of it

Thanks Trevor and I'm definitely fortunate! If I hadn't have swerved, then the tree would have come through the windscreen or the roof! I'm hoping that most of the scratches will t-cut out to be honest. 

• 1 month later...

We've had snow on and off down here.  In all fairness, the councils in South Wales have been on the ball with the gritters.  I did have to get up an untreated lane to get to site yesterday morning.  Only about two inches of snow on it, Audi breezed through it.  Thought it would struggle with summer tyres and front wheel drive :yahoo:

about 2 inchs of snow overnight in Hampshire and everything comes to a stand still schools closed my clients cancel so no earnings today :{ sucks to be self employed

3 minutes ago, Paul A6 said:

about 2 inchs of snow overnight in Hampshire and everything comes to a stand still schools closed my clients cancel so no earnings today :{ sucks to be self employed

Same here, I won't be making money today either. My wife and I were both heading to two different houses this morning in market harborough and just couldn't get there. We got half way and cars were stuck and skidding. Predominantly BMWs! Good job we went in convoy really. Still looking after my gran today though as the roads aren't as bad. But it's started snowing again to be fair. 

I Know what you mean about being Self Employed.  I was on my way to Gloucester to look at a site.  Made it as far as junction 38 of the M4, turned around and went home.  Luckily I had paperwork to do so I could at least book a few hours.  Nothing tomorrow though 

had to pop to sainsbury earlier and i thought there was an audi meeting going on not many cars there only about 50 but 70% were Audi`s :yahoo:

Decided the Audi is coming to work with me this weekend i got a job on in a small village and know no gritters go near this place so not taking my van just to get stuck in been so impressed with the quattro in the snow makes sense to use it :yes:

On 3/2/2018 at 3:40 PM, sc-em said:

Unfortunately not.  A bit disappointing. Lol

Glad you're ok after your little tree escape, There are lots of them down on the Chase

Oh, sorry to hear that. Thanks! I was very lucky! 

Had a different start to the weekend. Did some washing Friday morning. Lucky I came down for a drink before going to bed. Found a pool of water in the kitchen. 

Having extension built and snow melted the previous day before freezing. Pipe for washing machine waste is here lol

IMG_0378.JPG