Coolest Audi.

Glen

What is the coolest Audi around? The R8, TT or the RS4? Nope, for me it's the A1 supermini.

What I like about it is that it's economical, practicle; everything you'd expect of a supermini and it's also stylish, nippy in a tight spot and unmistakably Audi. It's not like you'll step in and identify it as any other brand as it has all the quality materials you've come to expect from Audi. You get the performance and grip without going through gallons of fuel. The best thing is that it won't irritate anybody who holds a place in their heart for the environment.

Guilt free Audi motoring, how cool is that?

Owners out there, what are your thoughts?

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

• 2 years later...

I have loved the Mini, had a Cooper S and two JCW's, my thoughts are, the S 1 is a more refined car, all good quality stuff and quicker than the JCW, but I don't beleive it handles as well as the JCW at speed and sharp bends. I do not like the look of the new JCW which is why I bought the Audi. It was between the Golf R and the S1 and I must say I preferred the Audi. Have only had the Audi a few weeks so not really in a very good position to compare but so far so good. The price also had something to do with my choice, both on par with more for your money with the Audi.

I'm not very IT minded and tried to download pics but without sucess, will keep trying James. Do you still drive the S5, now that is quick !!!

If you go to 'more reply options' you will then see an 'attach files' button where you can upload your pics, and then press 'add to post'.

Yes I'm very lucky with the S5, getting a bit older now but I still love it! The S1 is pretty quick for a small car though isn't it?

Interesting you should mention that about the mini not having the refinement and value for money, it's good to see Audi beating BMW in that respect!

Hi

Thanks for your reply. Followed your instructions, then said " too big to upload " The max is 2mb, all my pics are more than that so don't know where I go from here. Any suggestions ?

The S1 is pretty quick as you say and I have no complaints, just have to control the gas a bit more on sharp bends etc, but all round a very nice, quick, comfordable and well turned out little car. Even kept up with an S3 the other day, wow !!!!

You could use any simple photo editing software to resize the photo. I use paint.net for simple stuff, which is completely free but fairly functional.

Easiest way would be to resize images as modern cameras with lots of megapixels take big images. For example you could resize 4096 x 3040 to 800 x 594 keeping the same aspect ratio. Paint.net will also allow you to compress a little while saving but that may not be necessary. To be honest you could probably get away with Microsoft paint for something like that!

Going back to the cars, that's pretty good keeping up with the S3, do you know what year it was? To be honest, modern hot hatches are getting so quick now you can barely extract all of the power/performance out of them in a normal road situation as it is! Did you get a chance to test drive the Golf R by the way?

Hi James

Thanks for all you help, I know I'm dumb when it comes to computers. I'm going to try downloading a few pics, lets know what you think of my extra RED highlights. It had non of the red when I bought it, I think it looks cool, what do you say ?post-4393-0-88479100-1437048334_thumb.jp

post-4393-0-34201100-1437048358_thumb.jp

post-4393-0-74022900-1437048410_thumb.jp

post-4393-0-18400000-1437048432_thumb.jp

John, I like the red highlights to be honest, did you do that yourself? I like the fact that it's quite subtle and not over the top, plus it matched the red highlights in your interior.

By the way, is that your garage in the photo with the chair in the background?

Glad you approve, it's nice to get a second opinion, thanks. Yes to both your questions, I did all the RED, inside and out, myself and that is my garage. I love my garage and cars, pic when I had my JCW

post-4393-0-14887800-1437202983_thumb.jp

Yes you have a very nice garage. I wish mine looked that immaculate! The JCW actually looks quite cool, I've never been much of a Mini fan to be honest but that one does actually look quite nice.

I must say I'm impressed with all the red bits in your interior. How long did all that take you?