Oil Can Light and "Sensor" word on display

Spencer C

Good afternoon. Ist time Audi owner here. I’m hoping this isn’t as bad as it seems. I have a 2007 A4 2.0 diesel. Owned it since Nov 2018. All good, drives great, good MPG, etc. However a month into my ownership I got the yellow oilcan light and the word MIN next to it. After googling it and doing a bit of research as well as speaking to my very reliable local mechanic I concluded it was the common problem of faulty Oil Level Sensor. So have continued to drive it, whilst checking the oil level every 2 or 3 weeks. All good……….until today at lunchtime. I got it in the car and started it up. Yellow oilcan light and MIN came up as usual, BUT another yellow oilcan light came on with the word “SENSOR” underneath. Again after a quick bit of googling I’m hoping that this is also related to the Oil Sensor being faulty. I have just ordered one, being fitted next Wednesday. What’s everyone’s opinion ?? Is it related to the sensor problem ??? Just attached a generic pic to clarify the extra message...

1.jpg

A yellow light regarding oil level is not to worry about. Just means the oil level is reaching minimum level so it’s like a warning to check the dip stick. The word sensor is a new one to me and rightly so I would be changing the sensor too.

I am not a fan overall though of relying on sensors for oil level. I check my cars once a month and the vans very week. The sensor in the Peugeot Boxer is very inaccurate too. Much prefer a manual check.