Electrical compartment below front seats

Cantata

I've posted before on here about the location of the Bluetooth electrical module on my 2012 A6 Avant. Bluetooth won't connect to any phone, problem appeared during the first long lockdown when the car didn't go anywhere for about 2 months. The MMI software for Bluetooth control appears to be OK, the set-up questions all run through OK but it simply won't connect, to either an iOS or an Android phone.

I'm told that the module is under the left-hand side floor somewhere but I don't know where. 

I did have a grovel beneath the passenger seat today and found a wiring compartment sunk into the floor beneath a plastic cover. The photo below shows it, there doesn't seem to be anything much there apart from some connectors. The same is present beneath the driver's seat. I'm not looking at the Bluetooth kit, am I? (Apologies for the grubby carpet!).

If the Bluetooth module is elsewhere beneath the passenger floor, does anyone know how to get under the carpet? Along the door side of the carpet, it looks to be pinned down by the plastic trim, is that trim held in on clips and will it readily pop out if I lever it?  I realise the seat needs to come out first, that looks easy enough.

154404430_Boxbeneathseat.thumb.JPG.1a112a23baad4eb1ff4ad2a7fafee967.JPG

Hi thats the central comfort control module, ECU, have you tried deleting any existing phones off of the MMI as I had this problem when I first bought my car there was a couple of old random phones on it with when de bonded allowed my existing phone to connect, I will see if the bluetooth module comes up in situ on my parts system.

Steve.

3 minutes ago, Stevey Y said:

Hi thats the central comfort control module, ECU, have you tried deleting any existing phones off of the MMI as I had this problem when I first bought my car there was a couple of old random phones on it with when de bonded allowed my existing phone to connect, I will see if the bluetooth module comes up in situ on my parts system.

Steve.

Hi Steve, yes, thanks for responding, I've tried that, makes no difference. The thing worked perfectly for years before this!

10 minutes ago, Cantata said:

Hi Steve, yes, thanks for responding, I've tried that, makes no difference. The thing worked perfectly for years before this!

Hi by the looks of it its under the driver side and is a silver box, the rocker trim pulls up and slightly toward the rear the carpets moulded and the trim has lug which locate into recesses in the carpet so be careful once the trim has released you will probably have to remove the footrest at the front under the pedal box so you don't destroy the carpet.

Steve.