Traffic sign recognition

Anthony Grice

I have just taken delivery of a Q8 S line 50, the vehicle was ordered at the start of November 2022. On delivery it does not have phone wireless charging which is listed on standard features, the reason given that at the build date in March parts were not available. More important to me it came without basic traffic sign recognition  system fitted. Audi say that when I ordered the car it was not standard fit (but is now)  I distinctly remember seeing it listed in standard features in 2022, can anyone help me prove it was a standard fit ( funnily enough it was standard on my 2017 and 2020 Q7 s line's and my wifes 2020 Q3 Sport)

Good morning Tony

Firstly, congratulations on your new car and may you have many happy,enjoyable safe journeys in it.

I am in the process of changing my 2020 Q8 55TFSI for a new one. So I have been busy trying to spec it.

I think what has  happened is that in the last few months Audi have changed the specs a bit of the Q8 and renamed the various packs and what they include.

So, in 2020 my S line came with a " Comfort and Sound " pack which included the various camera systems plus the uprated sound system. That was my only extra apart from the Orca Black metallic paint.

In 2020 features such as traffic sign recognition came with another pack. I'm not sure now what it was called

Now it seems that the new cars that are arriving from the Factory , no longer have C and S and that has been replaced by a Techno pack and a Techno plus pack. Both have the the Traffic Sign recognition feature that you wanted and did not get .

Both give you a heads display up and from how it reads, the Plus pack also includes a panoramic sunroof. There is a considerable difference in price between the two of £3000 !  

I am staggered that your car doesnt have wireless charging. That was a standard featue of all Q8's  and most other lesser Audis !

So, I think that your car came with a C and S pack and not the new Techno pack. I'm paging through the current new cars available at the moment and most have the C and S pack and just a very few coming through now with the Techno packs.

I'm ambivilent about the various packs. The C and S pack in my car has been enough for me. Not really sure I want a heads up display and / or....a panoramic sunroof !

Lead times are very long at the moment for an ordered car. I put an order in last week and was quoted 25 weeks. Sincethen the Dealer has rang me to say that I might now receive my car in September. So maybe things are improving.

Anyhow good luck with your car, I hope you enjoy it and get your spec troubles sorted.

Frank   

Morning Frank, Thanks for your reply.

The car isn't fitted with the C&S pack. The traffic sign recognition I refer to is the bog standard one fitted to all the Q range and most other Audis. Like you I'm not a fan of the various expensive packs. The dealer is enquiring if the sign recognition software can be downloaded to my car. As regards the wireless charging box I'm told it can't be retrofitted. I have however been given a charging cable!!

I hope you don't have to wait too long for your car, mine sat at the exit port for 3 weeks and then Grimsby port for 2.5 weeks, it took 9 weeks from build to delivery. Having said that its a lovely car.

Morning Tony

These packs and specs are quite strange aren't they. I have never had any traffic recognition capability in my current car.

And in the past week there was another post from a Q8 owner who spotted that some Q8's have a radiator shutter and some have not ! I had a look and mine does not .

I think you did well with your 9 weeks from build to delivery. That would be fine for me. For various reasons I might not be able to hang on till November for the car I have on order. So I am pursuing alternate Q8's through Autotrader and CarWow.

I see you are from Nottingham. When I first took delivery of my present car I decided for the firts time ever....and I am 75 years of age now !....to have a dash cam fitted. And the best seemed to have been a small company in Nottingham called TTW Installations.

Took the car there and they did a superb job fitting a 2 camera system from Blackvue plus battery pack, Highly recommended. So, when I finally get my mitts on my new Q8 I think I will go there and have another system fitted. They also do all sorts of things like Trackers and Entertainment systems so they might be able to help re your phone charging. They are very expert at those sort of things. The owner is an impressive bloke who realy know his stuff. Much more so than any technician at Audi I think

Enjoy your car . May I ask what colour it is ?

Frank