Audi app woe

john260164

When I bought my A3 in late 2021 the garage "persuaded" me to download the Audi app. They made it sound like it was almost a necessity. Since then I've barely used it to be honest. Last week, when I was away on a trip, and some 8 hours away from where the car was parked, through boredom probably, I happened to check the app, which told me the car was parked unsafely with all four windows and tailgate open. I managed to get someone to physically check the car and thankfully this was not the case, all was well. Confirmed when I reached it and drove home. I was going to delete the app but instead I moved it from the home screen of my phone - out of sight out of mind. Anyone else had this trouble?

It's possible that the app just needed to refresh the data it retrieves from the car. I use this for reassurance that everything is OK and I also use it for a general OK on the oil level. When the App showed the oil level as low, it was in fact still inside the acceptable limits but it was a helpful thing to see. I usually check in the car itself as well.

The app doesn't have a lot of functionality but you might want to explore it a bit more if you have time before deciding to ditch it.