Can't select Sport Mode

Dan_W

We bought our 2012 Q5 Quattro S-Line Auto about 6weeks ago.  We love it.  It quickly showed up a fault though, when it started not reversing properly.

Short story and not uncommon, it needed a new clutch.  We finally got it back about a week ago and I've just realised that I can't toggle between "Drive" and "Sport" modes.  I could before and but since the work I can't.

Clearly it is not a "mechanical" issue as such because the minimal travel on the gear stick suggests it is just a switch which changes the gearbox and engine mapping.  Other than this it is driving absolutely perfectly, I'm just missing a mode.

Obviously it will be going back to the garage that did the work but does anyone have any idea what may have caused this so I'm a little more informed.  Perhaps there's a really simple fix I can do at home?

Thanks in advance

Yo Dan,
The only thing i can think of off the top of my head is that theres a mechanical issue between the selector switch and the gear selector in the cabin.
maybe one of the cables is slightly chewed up or routed in a way thats restricting it.
but i when you look at these images, anyone that understands this fully.....  amazes me

image.png.7f52473825644c65560fb9fc5796f5ad.png