Stevie84

Brake servo restricted

Recommended Posts

Hi, I'm new to this forum. 

I have an audi a4 b9 avant 2.0tdi s line. 

I have had a brake servo restricted please return to workshop message appear on dashboard along with start stop not working please return to workshop. This has been intermittent over last week. When the messages appear the brakes feel funny. I don't think it is an actual brake servo fault as I have done the brake pump test. Possible sensor issue? Bit strange for a car less than 2 year old with low miles. 

Any ideas anyone? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Hi Steve,

just had the same message appear on display screen. Did you manage to get this resolved?

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe the problem is caused by the brake servo pressure sensor. 

Cheers

Steve

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This has just happened for us.
Cost of fix  ?
Is a DIY possibility ?

Regards

CGP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CGP said:

This has just happened for us.
Cost of fix  ?
Is a DIY possibility ?

Regards

CGP

Had a look online but not exactly sure on cost I'm afraid. 

Cheers

Steve

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Richie69 said:

Thanks Steve

 

You're welcome, please keep us posted on how you get on 👍

Cheers

Steve

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I looked for a blown fuse or a lead off - no luck
Disconnected the battery for a hard reset - no luck

The car had been stood for 4 weeks, was OK before.

Took it for a drive to see if the error would disappear - no luck

Time to let Audi have a look 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CGP said:

Well, I looked for a blown fuse or a lead off - no luck
Disconnected the battery for a hard reset - no luck

The car had been stood for 4 weeks, was OK before.

Took it for a drive to see if the error would disappear - no luck

Time to let Audi have a look 

 

Please keep us posted. Sorry what you tried didnt work.

Cheers

Steve

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Guys

Managed to get an appointment with Audi, quite difficult with the ongoing pandemic, vehicle tech informed that it was the pressure sensor at fault, so had it replaced with now no issues whatsoever. The cost £200 for parts and labour

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Richie69 said:

Hi Guys

Managed to get an appointment with Audi, quite difficult with the ongoing pandemic, vehicle tech informed that it was the pressure sensor at fault, so had it replaced with now no issues whatsoever. The cost £200 for parts and labour

Thanks for the update, glad you got it sorted 👍 

Cheers

Steve

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone 

I have Audi A4 2017 and my car was also parked up for 5 weeks. 
I discovered exactly the same fault - restricted break and break pedal feels restricted. 
must be a fault with these vehicles when parked up for a long time  ! 
rather frustrating ... 

oksana

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Oksana said:

Hi everyone 

I have Audi A4 2017 and my car was also parked up for 5 weeks. 
I discovered exactly the same fault - restricted break and break pedal feels restricted. 
must be a fault with these vehicles when parked up for a long time  ! 
rather frustrating ... 

oksana

Yep looks to becoming a common fault

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi I have an Audi A4 TFSI 2017

Exactly the same issue after car sat up for a month or so...Break servo restricted....Gurrr...

Breaks feel a bit clicky and so a call to Audi Monday morning....Im guessing a warranty does not cover it?? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Peter1028 said:

Hi I have an Audi A4 TFSI 2017

Exactly the same issue after car sat up for a month or so...Break servo restricted....Gurrr...

Breaks feel a bit clicky and so a call to Audi Monday morning....Im guessing a warranty does not cover it?? 

Should be covered under warranty 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We got ours done for free - I guess its a common thing, done under warranty.

CGP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dear CGP,

Just out of interest did they say it was a computer or mechanical fault? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi All,

New to the site as I was searching for help regarding a warning on my display regarding the brakes and to take it to a service centre.

I plugged my diagnostic tool in and its stating the brake boost sensor fault., vehicle had been off the road for bodywork repairs for weeks prior to this.

Does anybody perhaps have the AUDI part number off an invoice they have. 

Thanks in advance for any help. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Follow up to the brake servo warning....

i finally brought it to Audi here in Lyon who said it’s actually a sensor fault and will cost €250 😱

unfortunately my car turned 3 in April and it’s no longer under warranty. 😢 the fault started just before April but all garages were closed..... no way to prove it....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's should still be some discount due to the fact the car is just out of warranty. You'll have to argue with them unfortunately.

Cheers

Steve

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll try but I can just imagine as nice as they are that it will be a case of "Its too late....."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Peter1028 said:

I'll try but I can just imagine as nice as they are that it will be a case of "Its too late....."

You'll be surprised, and if they're reluctant fight them on it. A part like that shouldn't go either in or just out of warranty. Plus as you can see there's now a few documented cases which you and Audi are both aware of. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have exactly the same error messages on my 2016 A4 2.0 TD Avant, after the car has been parked in my drive since March. There is a clear pattern here. Will be calling the dealership on Monday, and will post the outcome of my negotiations. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Henry F said:

I have exactly the same error messages on my 2016 A4 2.0 TD Avant, after the car has been parked in my drive since March. There is a clear pattern here. Will be calling the dealership on Monday, and will post the outcome of my negotiations. 

Please keep us posted on how you get on 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, everyone... I've had the same problem on our 2017 Q7... parked up for most of lock down and drove it for the first time in a while yesterday and the brake servo and start/stop error appeared... Seems to be a theme here across most models... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...