A4 150 diesel

Powelly

• 4 weeks later...

Spooky, I was just about to post the exact same post.  I've got the same model and during my town commute I'm averaging 30mpg.  I was reading topics last night about the engine not warming up and possibly even using higher revs to warm it quicker.  I know that you don't always get what the figures say, but in my mind 30 is somewhat different from the advertised 52mpg urban.

At the moment it's not proving anymore economical than my old 1.6 petrol Leon :(

That's my thoughts exactly that it's far from the 52mpg stated, I was expecting to be at least in the low 40's if not better. I was hoping that it might get better after it had broke in after a few hundred miles but still no joy

At the end of that day I love the car, especially the B&O sound system and in the white it attracts the attention of chavs and boy racers which missus loves.  Saving of £200 on tax from previous car as well. Hope maybe it gets better

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm getting around 33mpg at the minute with mainly town driving but my route home is 10 miles of a steady run so Im also pretty dissapointed.

I bought this to have low running costs all round with the tax and insurance but was just hoping for a bit more economy. I havent been on a long motorway run yet but cant imagine it being anywhere near as good as figures claim.

Its got 9000k on the clock now