What A5

pauljb123

Hi all,

I've decided to buy a used A5 Coupe however after reading several sites im still unsure what spec to go for.

Im after a used version 2011 ish and im gonna spend about 13k

I do approx 8-10k miles a year.

my driving style is that I like pretty decent acceleration and Ive never owned an Automatic but im not 100% against owning one.

Any advice would be great.

Many thanks

Paul

Hmm depends what you fancy then, personally if it were me I'd go petrol because I'm not a massive diesel fan (just personal preference though).

Then it would be between finding a late 2010 ish 3.2 V6 quattro (fairly rare model) or tracking down a high spec 2.0 TFSI

H James,

Thanks for the info once again, think I will stick to a 2.0 engine to start with, prob go for a S Line with one of the higher BHPs 

I will test drive the TFSI and the TDI versions.Thankfully theres a huge Audi dealer near me in Brentford! 

No worries, I'm sure you won't go wrong with a high spec TFSI... they're good engines.

Do some research and don't be afraid to travel around the country for the right car once you know the age/spec/mileage/colour you're after.

Often cars can be a bit cheaper up north too. If you do decide on travelling for the car though, make sure you do the deal before you go on the phone. Once you've travelled 100+ miles for a car - the dealer will know you won't want to go home empty handed. 

Ive looked at Audi approved used and i think i may well go that way for peace of mind.

Dont mind going up north. The wifes family are up there.

Think black, blue or dark grey with the + 200 bhp sline i think.

Not in a panic rush so will wait for the right one.

• 3 months later...

Did you get one ?  I got a 3ltr diesel one a few months ago and just couldn't be happier. Averaging 38mpg and get up to 45mpg on the motorway on a long distance.

I just can't praise this car enough.