Lowering Spring

dannyg

Hey guys I'm new to this as I have bought an Audi A3 2.0 tdi 2004 8p just woundering on lowering it as it look right high on back end I'm looking at eibach 40mm-50mm but it says 1.6 tdi 1.9 tdi but no 2.0tdi does it matter 

My Audi sits really high and I don't know why that's why I'm lowering it at much I see a3 like mine and they sit nice but mines like a monster truck lol

image.png

image.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

That does look quite high to be honest. Can you post another photo from the side on?

Perhaps someone has changed the wheels at some point?

No lol I am suprised to be honest it handles loads better and still a comfy ride I had a golf before this and the amount of time I smashed my anniversary kit was unreal 

I've just plastidipped my wheels thinking on upgrading turbo as mine and mine is passing a little bit of oil but it's not that bad at min I dunno what's best to do thinking off doing callipers  because there just rusty at min lol. 

image.jpeg

• Like 1

Coilovers r much better then springs in my experience.there really cheep now adays as well, you can pick them up for 250 300 brand new, you can adjust them up and down with a special spanner so it's easy to set up and get a perfect stance, you can go pretty damn low as well obv its going to depend on what size wheels you have but IV fitted them to evry car I've Eva had. IV had my a3 a few months now and will b fitting ASAP,    how hard off a job is it to fit them to the a3 anyone know? If fitted coilovers to a fair few different cars now just want to know the crak b for hand coz if it's a real pain in the !Removed! then I'll just pay to get them on........

Not fitted any myself but I can't see it being much more challenging than anything else - it should be the same principle if you've done it before?