passenger doors/boot won‘t open from key fob

sssaku

Hi
I am new in here.
Just bought a 55 plates 2.0tdi dsg with 50k on the clock, over all great condition but just found a problem, when car is locked and you try to unlock it with the key fob it opens only drivers doors , tried playing up with the switch on passenger doors and sometimes it starts working and passenger doors and boot opens ut after a few tries it stops again and I have to play with this again, maybe it‘s just a non related lucky try or not, when i open the drivers doors second click on doors unlock will not open the other doors but boot release will open the boot
That is why I am aftersomeone in Mansfield/Notts area that has any experiance with these cars or have access to diagnostic tools to help me out.
Thanks Michael

Welcome to the club and sorry to hear of the problem with the doors, have you or do you know someone with vcds/vagcom to see if it gives any indication as to why the doors won't unlock, it might point you in the right direction

When you press the keyfob to unlock the doors can you hear the mechanisms trying to work on the passenger doors, I had a broken wire on the front passenger door that would work randomly, while fixing the wire I shorted it and it stopped the rear door working properly, not sure why to be honest, but when I got the front wiring sorted out, the front door worked fine, ended up having to get a locking mechanism for the back, not saying it's the same, but the wiring in the doors seems to be a common problem, 

Hi, didn‘t got round to check cables yet, rubber between doors and wheel arch looks ok no signs of wear etc, I can hear the mechanism also from the boot area but they both don‘t unlock

don‘t know anyone with this software so if anyone is here from Notts area would do with some help. 

Are you pressing button twice ? Pressing once Only opens drivers door press it twice quickly and it should open rest of doors to open boot press and hold boot release until it unlocks  

3 hours ago, trebus said:

Are you pressing button twice ? Pressing once Only opens drivers door press it twice quickly and it should open rest of doors to open boot press and hold boot release until it unlocks  

Seems obvious but I was going to ask the same. Need to rule these things out!

Hi, 

I know how it works with pressing the open button twice as we have leon and it works same way.

If you hold the open button it will drop the windows but still woudn‘t unlock the passenger doors, I can hear it doing the click but they don‘t open same with the boot. it unlocks when you press the boot release button on the keyfob but it doesn‘t open when you take the key out from the igntion or just unlock the car (my leon does that and opens everything when you get the key out of the ignition)