engine management light

trebus

just got home from work and eml has just come on ,it came on two weeks ago and was diagnosed as a mass air flow sennsor which was changed and light went out ,but its back any idea whats wrong now im guessing it will have to go back on a diagnostic machine again

3 hours ago, trebus said:

just got home from work and eml has just come on ,it came on two weeks ago and was diagnosed as a mass air flow sennsor which was changed and light went out ,but its back any idea whats wrong now im guessing it will have to go back on a diagnostic machine again

its now black smoking heavily

Yes best to get it on a code reader again unfortunately. It may be related to the MAF again or it could be unrelated I suppose. Let us know when you have the codes.

Code reader  said something like volume air flow circuit range performance  which I googled to find out it relates to the mass air flow sensor which has already been changed could it be a faulty part or is it something else I cleaned out  the egr which wasn't  too blocked 

Fault codes p0101 and p0299 how do I check the turbo is ok / broke please help                          

Just took off pipes to turbo no play in shaft in or out up and down I sucked on pipe to actuator and it moves freely about 15 mm can move arm by hand as well so I guess the turbo is ok 

did notice while underneath that there was a small amount of oil leaking from inter cooler hoses and when driving can hear a hissing  could they be leaking air under boost 

P0299 could be an air leak so if you can hear hissing then checking all hoses/pipework would be a good place to start

Fixed,  we'll nearly was split in hose that exits turbo found it by squirting soapy water over the hoses and giving it a rev was    obvious so wrapped it in duct tape and went for a spin was ok at first but started playing up again , got back to find duct tape blown to bits so new pipe ordered £27 cheers for the help 

11 hours ago, trebus said:

Fixed,  we'll nearly was split in hose that exits turbo found it by squirting soapy water over the hoses and giving it a rev was    obvious so wrapped it in duct tape and went for a spin was ok at first but started playing up again , got back to find duct tape blown to bits so new pipe ordered £27 cheers for the help 

Good news, at least it wasn't the turbo then!