Bluetooth Pairing time too short?

Pauls898

Hi, I'm trying to pair my new iphone with my car's MMI however after successfully discovering my iphone a 16 Digit Pin number is presented however it says it's time limited ? however it's only displayed for a matter of seconds by which time its gone! I thought I'd try taking a picture of it but of course it generates a new PIN each time you try pairing your phone?

Is there any way a setting somewhere can be changed to give you a longer time to enter your PIN?

This is with an Audi A4 2009 model year with an MMI 2 installed

Thanks

Hi an update, I've followed a YouTube video on a slight different way to Pair my new iPhone to the car so that bit is now sorted, however the problem I have now is on receiving an incoming call I don't hear any Ringtones coming through the B&O audio system? If I've stowed my phone in the boot as I normally do I then can't hear it ringing? as the phone itself is still ringing and vibrating? as I did telephone myself on the drive to check this fact out?

Am I missing something here? or is it simply because these new iphones have now moved on to using Bluetooth 5.0 or whatever it is and it's no longer compatible with this 11 year old Audi cars MMI 2 system?

Thanks

Think I've sorted it now? Searching on YouTube it turned out by default the Ring Tone Volume is set to zero! While the phone is ringing you have to wind up the volume to max, takes a few turns to get the ring tone loud to hear it over the phone itself but I can now hear the ring tone coming out of the speakers now, because I normally stow my phone in the boot while driving so wouldn't hear it while in there, so a Result for any other who come into this problem 🙂