Q7 Engine ECU issues

leccy240

Hi Guys 

I really, really hope someone can help me on here. I have an 08 Q7 S Line which i absolutely love. Unfortunately the engine ecu has blown up for the second time in a year. The first time it was due to water damage which apparently is a common fault on this model. I'd never heard of it but hey ho... The ecu was replaced for a brand spanking new one which i had to sell a kidney for. now less than a year later its happened again. same thing allegedly water damage. I can't afford to lose any more body parts so i need to find someone who can have a look and repair it if at all possible. All suggestions gratefully received.

Andy

I used a company called ecutesting.com 

sent mine up to the with a description of what the car was doing and paid £255 for them to rebuild it. Unfortunately they did confirm my ecu was at fault but it was beyond repair and they didn’t have a refurbed replacement in at that point. So they refunded all the money and sent my faulty ecu back. I ended up buying a 2nd hand unit off eBay and through a mate of a mate getting it cloned to mine. I’d definitely recommend giving them a try. They were really helpful and have good reviews 

• Like 1