Diesel smell

daiian42

2 hours ago, daiian42 said:

Can anyone shed any light as to why the rear seat on the drivers side of my A3 2.0tdi sport is soaked in diesel, can’t see any leaks anywhere, any help appreciated 

Hi if you lift out the rear seat squab I think you will find its coming from the lift pump cap under the seat, probably the seal has gone on the locking ring under the cap.

Steve.

9 minutes ago, Stevey Y said:

Hi if you lift out the rear seat squab I think you will find its coming from the lift pump cap under the seat, probably the seal has gone on the locking ring under the cap.

Steve.

Have lifted out the seat and the passenger side foam is soaked, lifted the cap and it looks bone dry under it.Thanks

1 minute ago, daiian42 said:

Have lifted out the seat and the passenger side foam is soaked, lifted the cap and it looks bone dry under it.Thanks

Hi lift the seat out and run the car with some kitchen towel around the cap and that should tell you if its a small perforation in one of the connector pipes spraying vapour into the car, TBH its the only place it can come from to get on the seat, I feel for you as having a diesel smell in the car is awful.

Steve. 

22 hours ago, Stevey Y said:

Hi lift the seat out and run the car with some kitchen towel around the cap and that should tell you if its a small perforation in one of the connector pipes spraying vapour into the car, TBH its the only place it can come from to get on the seat, I feel for you as having a diesel smell in the car is awful.

Steve. 

Doesn’t seem to anything there, does anyone know what these highlighted strips are as they are wet also.

image.thumb.jpeg.a110aacf9df7a3657db99126fa13aba6.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.a110aacf9df7a3657db99126fa13aba6.jpeg

1 hour ago, daiian42 said:

Doesn’t seem to anything there, does anyone know what these highlighted strips are as they are wet also.

image.thumb.jpeg.a110aacf9df7a3657db99126fa13aba6.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.a110aacf9df7a3657db99126fa13aba6.jpeg

Hi the strips are Anti rattle sound proofing and stop the sqab from bouncing up and down and making a noise, can't see any wet from the picture on the metal but you can on the strips, just wondering what that interesting hole is just above the pump cover.

Steve.