Sat Nav SD card

SKR999

Hi all. 
Simon here, new to the forum and new to being an Audi owner. Sorry to not come loaded with experience to share but hope on time to be able to learn and support in return. 

I am due to pick up a 2017 A4 Avant which has the message SD card not detected or something similar on the display on the Nav option. 

The dealer says it had no card when they took it on. 

I am after some tips on what card to buy to ensure the Sat Nav will work. I have seen many on eBay with year dates on so do I buy a card dated the year of my car or could I buy a later dated card to have one assumes up to date maps. 

The are so many cards available I am a bit lost as to what to go for in a hope to to get a dud or pay for something that is incorrect.  

Thanks in advance for your time and help. 

best wishes. 

simon. 

1 hour ago, SKR999 said:

Hi all. 
Simon here, new to the forum and new to being an Audi owner. Sorry to not come loaded with experience to share but hope on time to be able to learn and support in return. 

I am due to pick up a 2017 A4 Avant which has the message SD card not detected or something similar on the display on the Nav option. 

The dealer says it had no card when they took it on. 

I am after some tips on what card to buy to ensure the Sat Nav will work. I have seen many on eBay with year dates on so do I buy a card dated the year of my car or could I buy a later dated card to have one assumes up to date maps. 

The are so many cards available I am a bit lost as to what to go for in a hope to to get a dud or pay for something that is incorrect.  

Thanks in advance for your time and help. 

best wishes. 

simon. 

Welcome to the forum.

I personally wouldn't bother with the SD card, after having the same consideration when I bought my latest Audi.

I plug my phone in ti the USB port and use the Android Auto (or Apple Play) which allows Google Maps.

If you really want to use the factory Nav, buy the latest card your budget will allow.

Hi. Thanks for getting back. Not sure it has Apple play as an option. 

If I go for the factory Nav is it as simple as just buying a replacement card as have seen some posts about hefty fee for main dealers needing to activate the card if it’s not the original. 

s. 

8 hours ago, SKR999 said:

If I go for the factory Nav is it as simple as just buying a replacement card as have seen some posts about hefty fee for main dealers needing to activate the card if it’s not the original. 

s. 

I don't know the answer to your SD card question. The factory NAV is !Removed!, so I don't use it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/22/2022 at 10:02 PM, SKR999 said:

s. 

Yes - just ask the dealer to order it but they will need to code it to your vehicle. I know this because i enquired about updating mine from 2017 as my home address in 2017 was in the middle of a field. £199 was the cost. I decided against it in the end as , below, Apple car play and Google maps is a better system and is constantly updated