Audi A6 C7 - Automatic gearbox 2.0 tdi 140kw quattro

Jacob445

Hello, I've been looking all over the internet and it's 50/50 whether manual or automatic. I'm going to go into a bit of detail here about what conditions the car will run in.

I'm looking for an audi a6 c7 140kw facelift (already owned in manual and had 290,000km with regular service all without issue, unfortunately there was an accident and the car was a total damage)

I am currently looking for the same car and there are only about 30 in manual and 80 in automatic on the German market in my specification and the choice in manual is not much. I am not somehow demanding on equipment, but I want 2016 and up mileage up to 150.000km, 4-zone...

Now for my main question I'm thinking about an automatic since the range is bigger. On the other hand, I'm worried about the automatic in terms of service. The car will be driven 180km daily except weekend. In short I want to ask how reliable S-Tronic/DSG transmissions (2.0 tdi 140kw quattro) are under these conditions? Having said that, have any of you encountered a major repair and at how many km? And whether there is any significant difference between the automatic gearbox when the car is in quattro or without quattro in these engines.

Thanks in advance for the answers and advice.

6 hours ago, Jacob445 said:

Hello, I've been looking all over the internet and it's 50/50 whether manual or automatic. I'm going to go into a bit of detail here about what conditions the car will run in.

I'm looking for an audi a6 c7 140kw facelift (already owned in manual and had 290,000km with regular service all without issue, unfortunately there was an accident and the car was a total damage)

I am currently looking for the same car and there are only about 30 in manual and 80 in automatic on the German market in my specification and the choice in manual is not much. I am not somehow demanding on equipment, but I want 2016 and up mileage up to 150.000km, 4-zone...

Now for my main question I'm thinking about an automatic since the range is bigger. On the other hand, I'm worried about the automatic in terms of service. The car will be driven 180km daily except weekend. In short I want to ask how reliable S-Tronic/DSG transmissions (2.0 tdi 140kw quattro) are under these conditions? Having said that, have any of you encountered a major repair and at how many km? And whether there is any significant difference between the automatic gearbox when the car is in quattro or without quattro in these engines.

Thanks in advance for the answers and advice.

Hi personally I would hold out for another manual the auto box can be a real expensive item when they go wrong and second hand units command much higher prices where as manual units are cheaper due to the lack of demand, the clue is with that one they rarely go wrong if you change the oil every 50k it should outlast the car.

Steve.